cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vs 2010 app prints single label as admin user, double when logged in as other user

mharp
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I know double printing of labels has been addressed many times on here, but I can't find anything relating to what is happening in this instance.

OS - Win 7

VS2010 SP 1

CRforVS2010 SP14

Printer. Eltron TLP 2742

I developed a Windows label app that simply prints a barcode label from a textbox input. I developed it under the admin account.I tested it out and It works fine. A nice singel 2X4 barcode label.

Moved the exec and config files to a folder in the Program Files (x86) folder and ran the exe from there. Again, it worked fine.

I then logged out and back in as another user. When I ran the exe, I got 2 labels, one of which was blank.

I then logged out of the other user and back in as Administrator. I copied the vs 2010 project from the Administrator vs 2010 folder to the other users 2010 folder, logged back in as the other user, opened the project in vs 2010 and proceeded to compile and run the program in the development environment. I got 2 labels again, 1 blank, 1 with the barcode.

Both developed programs use the same report from a designated folder in the root of C.

The code sets the "Disassociate Formatting Page Size and Printer Paper Size" property to true prior to printing the label. .

I'm at a loss.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mharp
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Sorry. I no sooner hit post, when I realized it was the stock size set up in the printer driver software.

All is working, now.

Answers (0)