cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amount printing in wrong format in OMR currency

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are working on webdynpro application where we are posting the FI document ( which is simialar to fb50 ). In fb50, as we have simulate, we have designed out application in the same way, so that it shows the line items before we post it.

We have executed the same for all the  Eurpean company codes. Recently business has included OM10 company code which has OMR currency with 3 decimals. Earlier it was with 2 decimals ( currency-eur )

When we preview the content before we post, the decimals format is not correct for OM10. We understood that we have declared a final structure ( which we are printing ) which has amounts WRBTR, DMBTR which has only 2 decimals. Hence for OM10 if we are passing 12.345, it is taking as 12.35 and document gets posted later with incorrect amount . But actually we need it as 12.345 only.

I have changed the data type of WRBTR and DMBTR to char20. Now, in this case if I test for FI14 which has EUR currency, the value will be 799, instead of 799,00. This is because I have declared the data type as char20.

Requirement : a. When we run for European company codes, value should end with 2 decimals places. For example 799,00

b. When we run for 3 decimals company code for example OM10, value should be 799.000

I have tried to declare another variable with 3 decimals in the final structure. But this will be another separate field added at the last. Infact we should have only 1 field and it should print in the correct format, irrespective of company code and decimals.

Can anyone please help me in fixing this issue. I have done lot of trial and error, but was not successful.

Thanks in Advance..!!

Best regards,

Karthik Ganti.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Gowtham
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Decimal places of the currency will be deiced based upon the entry in the table 'TCURX' , maintain the OMR currency in the same table & try.

For more information refer following links :

currency decimal notation conversion | SCN

Asian (JPY) currency Decimal Places Issue | SCN

Currency Decimals Default and Places in SAPr3

- Gowtham