cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI Log on &Error No : 10035 +WSAEWOULDBLOCK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed a  SAP GUI on Windows7. I tried to open it but it gave me an error 10035.

I can ping to the server and the service file is correct. And clients on other computers can connect to the server and log on.

Is there any solutions?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This usually means port 3200 from the /../..etc/services is not connecting to your backend.  Can you telnet from the PC with the issue via port 3200 to the backend IP address?  If not, verify your PC's firewall isn't active and if you are in a domain with a firewall then that port will need to be authorized.

I am surprised ping worked?  That was typically used in Denial of Service Attack's in the late 1990's.  Most Network Security Admins will lock that down.

Other suggestion is to  move on to SAP GUI 7.40 Patch 4 Hotfix 1.

Cheers,

Dan Mead

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I use telnet to test with the port 3300 which the system admin gave me and it indicated the port is ok.

And the firewall is not active.

I noticed that in the services file there are settings like this, "sapdp00 3200/tcp" "sapgw00 3300/tcp", is there anything wrong with the setting?

thanks,

Shuang

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lu

1.  SAP instance number 00 or 01?

2. From Run command just type " SAPGUI (SAP Hostname or IP) (SAP instance number) for example

SAPGUI 172.16.133.178 (Instance number)

Regards

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks to your reply.

I'm sorry that I'm new to sap system. I don't understand the instance number. Does it means "00" in "sapdp00" or something else?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shuang,

You are getting into the role of what's called a BASIS Administrator when asking about Instance Number's.  Depending on your landscape each instance will be assigned a two digit number.  You can access this information through your SAP GUI 7.xx console.  The Dialog Ports, sapdp##, will always begin with 32 and end with the Instance Number.  Your Gateway ports begin with 33 and Message Server ports start with 33.

Depending on your backend version, either NW730 or higher, your service file may need sapdp##, sapgw##, or sapms_SID in order for the SAP GUI client to connect.

Cheers,

Dan Mead

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, I got it.

Thanks,

Shuang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SS,

The instance number is 00.

Do u mean that run the command in windows cmd or something else?

Thanks,

Shuang

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shuang

1. From the command prompt ping the host " Ping 172.16.133.178", Are you getting reply?

2. From Run command just type " SAPGUI 172.16.133.178 00 "  are you getting sap login screen or not ?

Regards

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SS,

The action "ping the host 172.16.11.178" is ok. There is no error with the result.

But when I input "SAPGUI 172...." it will return a error which is "SAPGUI is not recognized as a command".

Thanks,

Shuang

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shuang

1.  From the command prompt you can use the "Start SAPGUI 172.16.133.178 00"

2. From Windows Run "SAPGUI 172.16.133.178 00"

Regards

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SS,

I use the command in the command prompt and the error 10035 still exists。

Thanks,

Shuang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SS,

I saw you posting on using SAPGUI + IP = Instance number.  What exactly is sapgui.exe doing and what is the expected result supposed to be out of curiosity.  Somehow I think this needs to use a valid port. But, if I use 3200 I can see it  generates an error "Cannot split connection string".  I usually only allow ports I have set up in ICM.  I tried the telnet command leveraging the sapdp00 port 3200.  In my situation the Instance Number is different and as I expected my network firewall isn't allowing it.

Cheers,

Dan Mead

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel

1. In this case there no firewall issue. Because he can able to ping the sap host.

2. To my understanding either sapgui client application or instance number may be wrong

3. Could you share the SAPGUI 7.30  Patch level? apply the latest patch

Regards

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Are u trying to connect to the IP? Something is sensitive and the administrator gave me a warning about this.

Thanks,

Shuang