cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MD04 - Rescheduling Date in Past

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a question regarding a material (HAWA)  in MD04.  The "Rescheduling" date is in the past with the exception of 10.

Current Status of material:

• Stock on hand = 2
  • IndReq = 11
  • PO Item = 2,544

I was expecting our nightly MRP to look at this PO and set the "Rescheduling" date to the current date or to the last time MRP executed.

I have attached a screen shot hoping this will help.

Question:  Does anyone know why this material would not be "Rescheduled" for the current date and subsequently update as MRP runs?

Thanks for the help.

JVH

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jerry,

I was expecting our nightly MRP to look at this PO and set the "Rescheduling" date to the current date or to the last time MRP executed.

From what source of information did you acquire this expectation?  Can you cite any SAP documentation that would lead you to this conclusion?

In general, the rescheduling date is the date that the supply element SHOULD have in order to be able to meet the requirement.  In your screenshot, the requirement (the PIR) exists in the past.

In many companies, it would be unlikely for MRP to generate such dates; since it usually makes little sense to have past due independent requirements.  Such companies reorganize their requirements regularly (Weekly?  Monthly?).  Ask yourself: "How legitimate can it be to 'plan' to supply a forecast that exists in the past?"  If you really do have a business model that supports PIRs in the past, you should probably let the dates of your planned orders to also exist in the past.

Best regards,

DB49

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

The rescheduling date is always the date of the requirement which caused the shortage, even if it is in the past.

As mentioned by DB, you should always do some research and read the documentation before opening a thread.

I suggest you to read the blog for more details.

Please also read carefully the following WIKI:

What is rescheduling and how does it work - ERP Manufacturing (PP) - SCN Wiki

Here you will find some examples about rescheduling and links to the consulting notes about this topic.

BR
Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

DB49,

I appreciate your quick reply.  What brought me to that assumption on the rescheduling date is   my lack of experience and knowledge in the PP module.  Just when I think I am beginning to understand something I get a curve ball.

Nonetheless, I appreciate your response and sharing your knowledge.  I’ll keep hammer away to learn this stuff.

Regards,

JVH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Caetano,

Thanks for taking the time to reply and sharing the links to other documents.  These have been helpful.

Regards,

JVH 

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

On the blog you can find the places where you can research before opening a thread in SCN.

If you question has been answered, please close this thread. See the blog for more details.

BR
Caetano

Answers (0)