cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports 14 - Publish Reports (Print?) Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Complete novice at CR.

I am upgrading a clients system from Version 8.5, to 14.

The report version of this seems to be fine, migrated the DSN and database fine, i can connect, merge data, etc.

In the old system, the reports were being viewed inside of WonderWare InTouch through an ActiveX control

The new CRViewer for active x control does not work, as the CRViewer1.ReportSource = Report points towards an object, which is not allowable inside of WonderWare.

I can pretty easily embed an ActiveX Explorer where I can open html files (like offline webpages), but for the life of me I can't even figure out how to force CR to publish, or print reports to a file???

I basically want to automate CR to make daily reports for me, in .htm / html format that I can view inside of a browser.  

Is this possible?

Current system is:

Win 7 Pro 64 Bit

Crystal Reports 2013 - Support Pack 4

Version 14.1.4.1327

Even if i can't do this, how do I publish these reports without going in and doing the "Preview View" and having to enter a date / time?  (This is probably a bit more than operations can handle, and will be cumbersome / tiresome effort for them).

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Leif

If WondeWare allows only an ActiveX, then you're out of luck as this viewer was driven by the COM SDK - retired long ago. You will have to contact WW and see what they tell you about working with version 14 reports.

CR currently only has the SDK for .NET and Java.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter (#SAPLumira)

Got Enhancement ideas? Use the SAP Idea Place 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ludek -

It sounds like your answer is alluding to the fact that SAP Crystal Reports requires the use of a viewer (such as the ActiveX viewer) and that there is no other way to automate Crystal Reports to publish reports?

As in, I can't force crystal reports to print to file, print to pdf, or publish to html?  I have to use a third party program to do one of these functions?

If I had just CR to connect to a database, and wanted to publish those reports directly through CR, how would I accomplish this?  How do you get CR to create the report template into a final, data filled, readable / printable format that can also be viewed as a file?

-Leif

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a standard .NET control I can import into a .NET IDE?  (like the .NET equivalent of the ActiveX control that shipped with the product?).  I can migrate my project to a .NET environment, but not without some heartache.  But it can be done, if there is a .NET control pre built that I can use I can see it being worth it.

Can you point me in the right direction here?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All I was trying to say is that there is no ActiveX viewer anymore.

If you are looking for an SDK for VS .NET see:

- Ludek

Answers (0)