Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cylinder Tracking.

former_member261836
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello EveryOne,

Thanks for immediate response regrading the SAP B1. Actually I am working on gas manufacturing company, here they want to track there cylinders in SAP B1. There are 3 different process in Chemix

Out Rate Sales: These are cylinders sold to customer completely.

On Rental Bases: These are also cylinders which are sent on rental bases.

Party Cylinder: Customers send their own cylinder to our company for refilling gases.

• cylinder item master data like item code, item type and item grouping is done on the bases of quantity(47litters, 10litters…), type of cylinder (Nitrogen, oxygen..), cylinder group.
  • Can you please suggest me how to create the item master for cylinder. I am thinking Cylinder is item group, item type is (Nitrogen, oxygen...) and item code is cylinder number.
  • Here my problem is for item type cylinders like (nitrogen and oxygen ) there are 100/ 50 cylinders at a time in marketing documents. Please suggest me your ideas.

This the general information about the process happening in chemix. Could anyone have any idea how to track the cylinders. Or any is add-on  is required for tracking this data. All your valuable suggestions are appreciated.

Thank You.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

frank_wang6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Item code is only to identify items in warehouse, if they are physically equal, u just made one item code for them. I guess in ur case, u can use different item code for different size/shape/gas, etc.

And because each cylinders has two different status, empty or full. You will need to create two item codes for one cylinder, indicating full or empty.

And you need to create different item codes for different gas you are selling.

And you can create a BOM for full cylinder item = empty cylinder + gas.

I am not sure if those cylinders can add different gas inside. If so, then you will not need to use above suggestions.

Frank

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vedanth,

What do you meant by Item type?. Because in SAP there are only three types of item type namely item,labour,travel. You can't change/modify it