Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Openings in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Lovers!

Am I allowed to post open positions available in my company? We are looking for talented and experienced SAP professionals. Kindly please let me know. Many thanks and have a nice day!

Kind regards,

Joshua

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Joshua

Short answer is no - SCN Careers page is not a jobs bulletin. On the space overview we have a disclaimer there

The main reasons for this (my view as I am not an employee of SAP):

1. It could be seen as a form of advertising (especially with chop shop setups)
  2. We'd have no way of verifying legitimacy of all jobs postings. I don't have legal qualifications but I wonder if this could leave SAP exposed in some way.
  3. It would unintentionally lead to members (particular those new to SCN) to violate SCN Rules by posting personal information, including their resumes. When I started moderating this space it full full of XML attachments to resumes with enough information to commit identify theft or there'd be threads full of "me too pls send to eagerguru@myemail.com."
  4. Advertising of jobs for one set of threads would then produce a mirror of threads for people asking for jobs. We've had a bit of that happen. Again, if someone asks for jobs they need a way to provide their information without breaking RoE.

The aim of this space is for it to be a careers and skills discussions

I hope you understand why we need to be fairly strict in this space. We don't even allow SAP to advertise positions here. I do see benefits, but to go down such a path the platform and support of this would need a lot more improvement/people

Regards

Colleen

4 REPLIES 4

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joshua,

This needs to addressed by Moderator. This looks like a good idea, many will be benefited.

I have seen most of the people who are searching job are Freshers /Fresher & Domain Exp with Certification. If you have any thing related, then you will get.

If you are looking for exp SAP Professional, you can try in LinkedIn.

Regards

Terence

raphael_almeida
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

, I think you can answer better than all of us.

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Joshua

Short answer is no - SCN Careers page is not a jobs bulletin. On the space overview we have a disclaimer there

The main reasons for this (my view as I am not an employee of SAP):

1. It could be seen as a form of advertising (especially with chop shop setups)
  2. We'd have no way of verifying legitimacy of all jobs postings. I don't have legal qualifications but I wonder if this could leave SAP exposed in some way.
  3. It would unintentionally lead to members (particular those new to SCN) to violate SCN Rules by posting personal information, including their resumes. When I started moderating this space it full full of XML attachments to resumes with enough information to commit identify theft or there'd be threads full of "me too pls send to eagerguru@myemail.com."
  4. Advertising of jobs for one set of threads would then produce a mirror of threads for people asking for jobs. We've had a bit of that happen. Again, if someone asks for jobs they need a way to provide their information without breaking RoE.

The aim of this space is for it to be a careers and skills discussions

I hope you understand why we need to be fairly strict in this space. We don't even allow SAP to advertise positions here. I do see benefits, but to go down such a path the platform and support of this would need a lot more improvement/people

Regards

Colleen

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

... and 5. There are more than enough job boards already out there.

No need to add another one on SCN.