cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BRF PLUS how to enable the version control?

0 Kudos

Because users often change the contents of the decision table,

if there is anything wrong and have been saved, can't restore to the

correct version before.  So ,anyone know either how to enable the version

control through configuration ( like as  ABAP version manager)  or other suggestion?

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks a lot!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christianlechne
Active Contributor

Hi,

you can default the settings for versioning on application level (Detail section -> tab "Default Settings" -> Other Settings -> Versioning Mode)

This setting will default the versioning setting of all objects created under the application to the chosen value.

In addition you can decide per object whether or not you want to switch the versioning on or off. The setting is available in the "General" section of the object on the versioning tab:

The best practise is to set the versioning on application level to the value "Versioning triggered by Transport or Deployment". This way the objects get versioned when a transport is exported (in the source system) or imported (in the target system). This setting has the specialty that you cannot switch it of on object level i. e. all objects in the application are versioned in the same way.

It is not recommended to use the mode "Versioning on" or "Versioning enforced" as this will lead to a lot of (unnecessary) versions that can cause problems later e. g. when trying to delete an object

Hope that helps.

BR

Christian

0 Kudos

This is what I need and help me a lot!

Thanks!

Answers (0)