cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MD04 and MD06 not showing consistency..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I am facing a issue, where MD06(MRP list) displays a PR, however MD04 displays a PO for the same material.

I can understand the static and the dynamic behaviour of the reports but still is there any other reason for such behaviour?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Anand Joshi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ameya_beri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

MD04 is Stock / Requirement list, it will show the current situation for the material. Stock / Sale orders etc.

MD06 is MRP list, it will show the stock / requirement list as of the last planning run.

As rightly pointed out by Rajen it is possible that the PO was created after the last planning run and hence it is shown in MD04 and MD07 but shown as PR in MD05 and MD06.

MD04 and MD07 are dynamic and show the current stock situation

MD05 and MD06 provide a snapshot of the last MRP run.

You can confirm this, by checking in table EKKO it has the creation date and who created the PO information.

Last MRP run information can be obtained from table, MDKP.

Hope this clarifies your query. If yes please read and close this thread,

Best Regards,

Ameya B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameya,

I am checking on this.. I will close the discussion when my issue gets resolved.

Kind Regards,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

This answer is really helpful Ameya.. I am creating a case right now... SO that I can share it to get more clarity..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anand,

I am not sure why you are creating a "Case".

This is standard functionality.  Expert Ameya has explained it clearly. There is no reason to expect that MD06 or MD05 will be consistent with MD07 or MD04.  MRP lists and Stock Requirements lists are not designed to be the same; they both serve different purposes.

Your screenshot clearly shows that MRP was last run on that material on August 11.  If you want to run MRP right now, which will update MD06/MD05, you can run MD02; NEUPL is not necessary.  Really, though, I wouldn't run MRP if the only reason was just to make MD06 look the same as MD04, I would call it a waste of time.

Best Regards,

DB49

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Anand, As they already explained, transaction MD04 is the current stock/requirement list for your material and MD06 is the result of the last planning run. If you need further information, this document explains the difference between these transactions and can help you to clarify this behavior: http://scn.sap.com/community/erp/manufacturing-pp/blog/2014/09/06/why-should-i-use-transaction-md05-... Best Regards, Georgia

former_member208398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anand,

It can be the case that the PR was generated by the MRP run and has been converted to PO later.

MD04/MD07 shows current stock/requirement list whether MD06/MD05 shows the status of the last planning run.

BR,

Rajen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the quick reply Rajen.. Considering the planning run is taken daily for the material, still the MD06 is not getiing updated with the PO which is created on the basis of PR generated through the planning run done for the first time...

Kind Regards,

Anand

former_member208398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anand,

Does your daily MRP run variant have proper MRP list creation indicator?

What is the date and what is the time you see in MD05 at the top?

BR,

Rajen

ameya_beri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check your planning for the material and check if the material is getting planned in your daily MRP using transaction MD21.

To get the PO in MD06, you may have to run planning for that material using NEUPL as the key in MD03/MD02.

Best Regards,

Ameya B.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Ameya, you are right.. NEUPL may help me to get the desired results but it is to be done thr MD01 or MD40 but due to some reasons we cannot do this..

ameya_beri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Why can you not use MD02 or MD42  and use NEUPL ?

Else you have to wait for MRP run to pick up that material again in planning and then MD05 and MD04 will be same.

Best Regards,

Ameya B.