Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dialog box cannot be displayed in IAC iview

Francis417
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear,

We have created a service for an IAC iview for an abap transaction with ALV. When testing transaction using web gui, it works fine. However, when testing the transaction thru the service, some of the function like 'Sort Ascending', 'Sort Descending' in the ALV toolbar does not work. The problem is that the dialog box that should be displayed after clicking 'Sort Ascending' or 'Sort Descending' cannot be displayed.

There is no such problem when testing the same transaction using web gui.

Following is the GUI configuration defined for the service

~COOKIES0

~GENERATEDYNPRO

~PASSWORD

~POPUPS1
~STYLEdhtml
~TIMEOUT10
~TRANSACTIONZZZZZZ
~WEBTRANSACTIONTYPEEWT
~FLICKERFREE0
~DISCONNECTONCLOSE0
~NOHEADEROKCODE1
~WEBGUI1
~SINGLETRANSACTION1
~USERAGENTCHECK0
SAP-IEEmulateIE8
~NOSPLASH1
~WEBGUI_POPUPS2
~WEBGUI_SIMPLE_TOOLBAR32
~THEME99

Any idea what is going wrong.

Thanks,

Francis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Francis,

Please test the service with only:

~TRANSACTION    ZZZZZZ

~WEBGUI    1

SAP-IE    EmulateIE8

If it works, then add:

~WEBGUI_SIMPLE_TOOLBAR    32

~NOHEADEROKCODE    1

The parameters:

~WEBTRANSACTIONTYPE    EWT

~PASSWORD

~TIMEOUT    10

should not be used (deprecated ones).

There are more parameters in the list: I recommend reading about each one of them before using - you can have odd results mixing parameters.

Regards,

Cris

Francis417
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Cris,

Thanks a lot!! Problem solved!

Francis417
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Cris,

There is still some problem. When I click the 'Local file' button in ALV toolbar, the first popup can be displayed asking me to choose which format to export the data. After I select one of the radio button, another dialog box should be displayed asking me where to save the file. This second dialog box cannot be displayed when I test the iview in the portal page. However, if I directly test the service from sicf, it can be displayed and the data can be exported and saved.

Any ideas what is going wrong again.

Thanks,

Francis

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Francis,

Before I can answer this, I would like to know the SAP_BASIS that you have in your system (SAPKB7xxyy format) and the kernel version and patch level (e.g. kernel 7.21 EXT, patch level 521).

Thanks,

Cris

Francis417
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Cris,

We are in ECC6.0 EHP7 with SAP_BASIS at level SAPKB74006 and kernal version 741 patch 116.

Thanks,

Francis

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Francis,

Please use kernel 7.42. First use the stack kernel (SAPEXE/SAPEXEDB packages), then apply disp+work package (latest one available in the SAP Service Marketplace). Kernel 7.41 will no longer be supported (soon).

I also recommend implementing SAP note 1995776 (it might be the case that you don't face the issue, but to be in the safe side).

Let me know the results of these changes.

Kind regards,

Cris

Francis417
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Cris,

While I've to wait for my basis colleagues to deal with the kernel, I've applied note 1995776 as suggested but the problem is still there.

Attached is the images showing on the left that the dialog box asking the destination folder can be displayed if I test the service directly from sicf; while on the right showing that the dialog box cannot be shown when it is called from the protal iview, and the portal just stall at this step and did not response no matter which button I click except closing the browser (or this tab page).

Thanks,

Francis

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Francis,

I expect that note 1995776 will be used after the kernel upgrade - I have seen cases where this note was needed.

Maybe you can also update the ITS handler, by applying SAP note 2141004. The issue you are facing is not described in this note, but it might help.

The kernel upgrade should make a difference too.

Cheers,

Cris

Francis417
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Cris,

Really appreciated for your help so far, the situation has been improving but yet there is still problem.

While the kernel is still to be updated by my basis colleagues, after applying note 2141004, the dialog box prompting for the file destination can be displayed. However, if I try to change the destination directory by clicking the drop down button at the end of either the input field for directory or File Name, I got the error as shown and then resulted in a dump.

However, if I simply type the file name without touching the drop down button at the end, the file can be saved except for the case of rich text format.

Also, it is strange that the drop down button occasionally works and the dialog box can be popup for me to select the destination folder for saving the files.

Would be much appreciated again if some advise or insight can be provided.

Thanks a lot,

Francis

Francis417
Participant
0 Kudos

Again, no problem when I test the service thru sicf directly.

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Francis,

I would say to wait until the kernel is upgraded - then things should work.

About the I/O Error message from the applet, maybe you can obtain more information using the applet trace (SAP note 1733649 - you already have the code in place, you only need to set the trace level in the configuration file).

Thank you,

Cris

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Francis,

Looking a bit further: SAP note 2122407 tells about the issue you are facing.

It is fixed by a kernel upgrade (for 7.42 release: as of patch level 37 a correction is available).

Kind regards,

Cris

Francis417
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Cris,

Finally got the kernel upgraded to 742 level 101 with the help of my basis colleagues. Glad to let you know that you are right and the problem has gone. The file save dialog works perfect now.

Really appreciate for your great help.

Thanks a lot,

Francis

Answers (0)