cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send email to user when report lands in their inbox

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I will be scheduling reports using publications to users inbox. Is there a way an email can be sent to the users automatically in this process so that they are aware they need to login into SAP BI 4 launchpad? Even including a link to the report in their inbox would be good?

Cheers,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

under the notification tab mentioned the mail id's text to notify users.

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for that answer.

the publication will be sending a report to many users using a connection to SAP BW. It will run the publication for each user in a group. It is that group i want to send an email to. Can i in the "To" field enter a group name? That should help solve the requirement i have.

However, though it would be even better if i could include a link to a users inbox in the email. So if they click on the link it directly goes to their inbox to view the contents -> is that possible?

Cheers,

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to make use of %SI_VIEWER_URL% placeholder in your scheduling parameter.Try this simple steps

http://www.botrainingonline.com/sap-business-objects/sap-bo-scheduling-a-publication-to-email-destin...

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In this case instead of scheduling to users BI inbox send reports as a email.Users will get the output in email only.

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I email the output to the user and if it is in .wid format how would they open it?

The report is interactive and has input controls, drill down functionality etc.

Cheers,

former_member190982
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Leo,

If the users are BO users and can open BI Launchapd from there PC , then they will be able to open the report directly from their email.

As you have mentioned that you will be sending to BI inbox,I presume that they are part of BI , when they receive an email with the link  ,they will see BI Login page and will be able to open report inn .wid format.

Regards ,

RVS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leo,

All users must have BO Client tools(WEBI RICH Client) installed on their machine in order to open the .WID report directly from the email/local drive.

So make sure that all the users have WRC installed on their machine to open the emailed .WID report on their machine.

Doesn't matter using what all features you have developed this report WRC will open it, but ensure that if you have developed this report in BO3.1 then the clients tools of same BO version are installed on user's machine and same goes for BI4.0/4.1.

You can also schedule a report to an email in the other formats like PDF/Excel etc.

~SwapnilY

former_member190982
Active Participant
0 Kudos

When you send an Email and Select %SI_VIEWER% in message body placeholder.

It generates open document link which can be accessed by BO users via browsers irrespective of the format that you select.

Regards,

RVS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

It is just a correction %SI_VIEWER_URL%.

~SwapnilY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the details of what to put in the main body. I have tried this and all the link goes to is a publication log - based on the link posted by Manikandan Elumalaithis is expected behavior?

SAP BO Scheduling a publication to email destination | SAP BO Training Online

I have just tried putting in "%SI_EMAIL_ADDRESS%" in the to section in the notification of success and this does seem to work. Only tried it with one user so far.

Cheers,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sure, we are not planning to roll out webi rich client to users. Preference is to schedule it and have a link sent out to the online version of the report.

Cheers,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Alternatively, if I cant get an automated link to a report in a users inbox sent out.

Is there a way to have a link which automatically goes to a users SAP BI 4 inbox. We can send this out via the notification of success process - because the %SI_VIEWER_URL% doesnt seem work. Just provides a link to a log

Cheers,

Answers (0)