cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the Inventory status of an Item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are in a situation that the Item is created as'Non-Inventory' Item by mistake and made AP Invoice and AP Credit Memo, now we need to change this as 'Inventory Item' by activating the Tick Box in its Master Data.

Though i understand that we can not update inventory status of the item once AR/AP Transaction is booked, so i planned to remove this Item from database and recreating again in the same Item Code through 'Master Data Clean up wizard' but it doesn't helped since there are linked transaction exist.

I request you all to help me in solving out this problem to suggest any other way to remove this item.

Note: Client can not create a new item code, since they are managing an internal group with this Item Code. Hence we need to either update the same Item Code only or remove and recreate.

Thanks in advance in helping out in above critical situation.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

KennedyT21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Taradi..

It is not possible to now as you have made transaction on, best way to inactive the item and create a new item with inventory item...

Regards

Kennedy

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prakash check ur direct message ....I have messaged

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramasamy K, & Prakash,

Why both of you are taking away the discussion to personal, is there any specific reason? See, this is a forum where we all get knowledge mutually. And sometimes one good reply / response become helpful to many of the new comers in the field of SAP, including myself.

So, I request you both, please share your views, knowledge & experiences over here only. So that it will be beneficial to whole the community.

warm regards,

Aaar Veee

Former Member
0 Kudos

It would be great to be able to make these changes after an item has documents posted.  It has been submitted as an idea in the SAP ideas portal.  Go and vote it up.  There are many suggestions that could use support for future releases

Ideas.sap.com/sapbusinessone

frank_wang6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is really a huge change, basically SAP B1 will have to change all existing transactions based on this requirement. And this kind of change tends to make something broken. You can wish, I will doubt it if it will ever be on the action list.

Frank

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not possible to remove an item if that have transactions.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We can do in backend SQL but in SAP front endt it is not possible to make as inventory item ...

Follow me  ...In direct message  i will give u a solution how to make the item as inventory

Regards,

K.Ramasamy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramasamy,

I have just followed you. Can you please direct me the message on how to make the item as inventory?

frank_wang6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe the only option is inactive the current item and create a new one.

Frank