cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Characteristic properties non compounded key

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

is there a way to show the non compounded key via context menu in Analysis Office (properties of the charcteristic) just as it is possible in a web application? (see Screenshot)

Thanks a lot for any information.

Best regards

Mark

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I am on 1.4 SP12 and we have not found this possible. You could use an excel formula to split the cell

Regards

Michael

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It worked for me. I had the object ZCCTA-Account compounded with ZTYPACT-Type of Account. Our customer wanted to see just the Account (6030034500) instead of the compounded in Analysis for Office (PCT10 / 6030034500).

1. First, in BEx Query Designer we have set characteristic ZTYPACT-Type of Account to Non visible. On the right-pane--> Display , set to Display as 'No Display'. And also Result to 'Alwasys suppress'.

2. As Victor Gabriel said, in Analysis for Office add the outer compounded characteristic to the left. In my case, ZTYPACT and below ZCCTA. Then the Type of Account key is not shown.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

to answer your question: No, there is no setting available, e.g. via properties.

The only solution is Victor's proposal.

Best regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy, hi Victor, hi Martin, hi Michael,

thanks a lot for your hints!

To be honest,- that's what I excpected as I didn't find any setting. Somehow curious that a setting is available in the web but not in excel...

Nevertheless your hint adding the outer compounded characteristic to the left could be helpful for the moment.

So thanks a lot again.

Best regards

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you add the outer compounded characteristic to the left, then the key should automatically change to non compounded, can you try?

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mark - I am not seeing a screen shot; could you re-attach it or upload it using the camera icon?  That would help

Former Member
0 Kudos

but now...

attached please find the screenshot

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark - from my side, I am not sure what a non compound key is; here is a screen shot from my Analysis Office context menu - what is missing?