cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rejection code for UD of inspection lot.

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Could you please suggest on the issue.

While doing UD for a specific inspection lot if i am providing the Accepted code then the stock is moving from quality inspection to unrestricted use, but when i am providing the rejection code system is throwing error " 100 qty incorrect posting to block stock." Deficit of BA unrestricted -use 100 qty".

Is it not possible without moving the stock to blocked stock only the rejection code will update in the inspection lot.

Please help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Arijit,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes i want to post the UD code = R, without physically posting quality stock to blocked stock. Please help.

Regards

Akash

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Akash,

Pls remove the posting proposal linked to UD code = R, and it will solve your purpose.

Please be aware that once you activate such setup, next time when you do UD, the stock linked to inspection lot can't be released any more and it will lie in quality stock only. If so, you may keep using MM-QM stock inconsistency removal program to keep releasing such Q - 'hold' stock. This is not a very good design, and I second Anand's concern.

You can paralelly try a new proposal if that is working -

a) Create a new UD code - RQ, and link the posting priposal VMENGE04 to it.

b) Use QA12 to change previous UD = R and apply this new UD = RQ.

I had never used such a logic before so pls can try this proposal and suggest if it's working.

Thanks,

Arijit

0 Kudos

Hi Arijit,

Thanks for the info. but i have a query. for a specific inspection lot now it is in REL status . and there is no stock in quality inspection but while doing the UD with acceptance code system is allowing to do the UD, but the same if i am providing with code " R" then system is throwing me error "" 100 qty incorrect posting to block stock." Deficit of BA unrestricted -use 100 qty".

Are you having any idea on this.

Regards

Akash

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Akash,

Please can you share the below screenshots for further understanding -

a) QA11 Screenshot (Stock tab)

b) MMBE quality inspection, Unrestricted use, Blocked stock status.

c) QA32 - Inspection lot status.

Please note that inspection lot with "REL" status but having NO quality stocks linked to it, meaning the linked Quality stock has already been moved out of inspection lot using QA11 - stock posting tab!! As UD code "R" is linked to stock posting proposal to blocked stock, now it becomes impossible to post the same.  There seems to be no further stock available to be posted inside the inspection lot, as that has already been posted manually. Hence the error message seems to be  correct.

Please can you investigate if someone has used MvT 321 to post the material out of the inspection lot and posted to unrestricted use stock.

Thanks,

Arijit

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Recheck the configuration setting suggested and see whether 350 is maintained under Q-stock or 344 is maintained.

What seems to me, you're trying R to post the quantity to block from QI and you need 350 for that. But looking into error, system is looking for posting it to block but from UR and hence, 344 comes into play.

If possible, share the Inventory posting screen shot along with complete status of inspection  lots and steps followed in the process. It is important to know at what stage this error is coming and what exactly is already done until that point.

NJ

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Akash,

Please can you explain what do you mean by "Is it not possible without moving the stock to blocked stock only the rejection code will update in the inspection lot."? I do not understand what you are trying to do. Do you mean you want to post the UD code = R, without physically posting quality stock to blocked stock?

Please be informed that once the UD = A has already been applied, then the stock locked under quality inspection will be moved to unrestricted stock. The same will be reflected in MMBE screen too. So there will be no further stock logged under the same inspection lot so re-do UD = R.

In case if UD = R is getting applied at inspection lot level, but the stock is still lying under quality stock, this means that posting proposal linked to rejection UD code is not maintained.

Please check and suggest if still there is any issue.

Thanks,

Arijit

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

May be this could be an issue associated with the inventory posting proposals maintained in customization. Could you please confirm what movement types are maintained in below path against VMENGE04? Under Q stock it should reflect 350. I suspect in your case it is trying to pick the stock from unrestricted.

QCC0 > Quality Inspection > Inspection Lot Completion > Define Inventory Posting

What do you mean by your last sentence? You want to give UD without stock posting? That is feasible but what would you do with the stock that would still lie in QI? In a day or two or at some point in time you have to make the stock posting for that stock. I think you should first check why the system is not allowing to post the stock to blocked stock!

Anand

0 Kudos

Hi Anand ,

Thanks for the reply.

As i checked my setting for VMENGE04 the movement type has assigned as 350.

my query is that " Is it possible to do a UD Reject without any stock movement like the same as UD Acceptance?.

With Regards

Akash