cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who can give me a step-by-step example for B2B AddOn?

former_member203764
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I'm new to this Topic and do not understand AS2 and EDI-Separator-Adapter clearly.

My System is PI 7.40 with B2B AddOn.

I want to set up the following Scenario:

A EDIFACT Multiple-Message incl. DELFOR and DESADV --> PO --> SAP.

(the file is attached)

At the same time the Sender-system should get an acknowledgement, right?

In this Scenario I should use EDI-Separator?

Does it look like: AS2 Sender  --> EDI-Separator Receiver? IDoc Receiver should not be required?

Which AS2 Transport Protocol should be taken, AS2 MDN or Hypertext Transfer Protocol?

Could I use Mendelson AS2 Software as Sender-System to send the attached file?

...etc.

Too much foolish questions
Could anyone give me a step-by-step example or instruction?

Thank you very much in advance!

I like every answers.

nice weekend

Sara

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

Do you receive an EDI interchange containing different message types? Are you sure that is correct?

Have a look at the EDIseparator receiver adapter for your ACK message (CTRL). You need to enable it on adapter level.

Next to that, you also need a sender EDIseparator adapter to route the message to your SAP system (IDOC or ABAP proxy for example).

Please keep in mind, in case you use AS2, the MDN is a more technical ACK message.

That could also be used.

Make sure your requirements are clear on both sender and receiver side. Afterwards, have a look what you all need and try to create the process.

Do not hesitate to revert back in case of questions or concerns.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

S0003485845
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

I am not too familiar with the B2B AddOn but can give you some basic comments regarding AS2:

Which AS2 Transport Protocol should be taken, AS2 MDN or Hypertext Transfer Protocol?

Could I use Mendelson AS2 Software as Sender-System to send the attached file?

...etc.

In my opinion, an MDN should always be used when working with the AS2-protocol as it gives the confirmation to the sender to be absolutely sure that the file has been successfully received. It also provides feedback if the receiver wasn´t able to process the data due to any security issues (errors during decription, signature verification).

This funtionality is the main point that makes the AS2 a more reliable protocol than most other protocols...

Also, since AS2 is a completey standardized...you should be able to send/receive data between all different AS2- Software packages ( Mendelson, B2B AddOn , Seeburger AS2 Adapter...other EDI tools).

Kind Regards

Stefan

former_member203764
Participant
0 Kudos