cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two different Cost Component Structures

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

Customer needs to have a Cost Component Structure locally that is different from the global template.

Material Ledger / Actual Costing is activated.

Has anyone already gone through this? From your experience, what is SAP's recommendation? Maybe to use the Auxiliary CCS?

Thanks and regards,

Luiz Ricardo Peçanha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Great. Just one thing: the existing CCS has some components that are not used anymore, but remain there.

However, after configuring the Transfer Structure, it is required that ALL components from the main CCS are included in this source-target relationship, otherwise the main CCS cannot be reactivated. Do you know a way to avoid that?

Additionally, only the main CCS must be flagged as active, correct? I've had problems with split calculations in the past when 2 structures were active. Somehow system mixed structures at that moment...

Tks again for your kind support!

Best regards,

Luiz

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I think you will need to add all components

not sure if aux ccs should be active or not. Try and see please and also let us know

rgds

Ajay M

kamalkumar_biswas2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay

Recently I have tested aux CCS and it is to be activated same as main CCS..

Kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamal,

Tks a lot for your information.

Since the project is a global template rollout, the first idea was to keep the global CCS as main, and consider Brazilian CCS as auxiliary. However, I noticed that the global template CCS is not marked as primary CCS, and the brazilian one is.

Do you think it may cause problems to have the main CCS not primary, and the auxiliary one as primary?

Tks and rgds,

Luiz

kamalkumar_biswas2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I think..basic rule is main CCS should be primary because all elements must take place in main CCS and aux is an additional one where another set of cost display can be available...

I have not tested the result when aux becomes the primary and Main CCS is not..

But logic does not suit

Kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Tks a lot for your return!

Do you have a configuration step-by-step that you could share, pls?

Tks and rgds,

Luiz

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Luiz

Create another CCS in OKTZ

Map the cost components of the new CCS to your template CCS

For eg: Existing CCS has Components 1 to 10.. And the new CCS has Cost components 1 to 6..
IN this case you will have to map n:1 i.e. 2 or more Cost Components of existing CCS be mapped to one Cost Component of the New CCS

Br, Ajay M

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Luiz

Yes, you can use Aux. CCS.. That's the best choice

Regards

Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

Any suggestions?