cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legacy Crystal XI R2 VB6 app missing DCA files

0 Kudos

We have a legacy Crystal XI R2 VB6 application that uses dsr files that I maintain.

This application is maintained under source control (Team Foundation Server/TFS 2010).

I have just recently noticed that two reports are missing the DCA file in TFS.

I was just wondering what problems that this may cause since I have no idea what is actually stored in a DSX file vs a DCA file.

I have read some things that make it seem that the DCA file is just a temporary cache and is actually unimportant, but they are not specific to Crystal reports so I don't know if they actually apply or are even true.

It appears that the reports are working, but it is entirely possible that I am not seeing what is missing since they are old reports.

Any information that you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you,

Seradex.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I really don't know what those files did (DCA, DSX and I think there were others). They were not needed to deploy the app and I never had any issues that would have led me to believe they were the cause of any issues.

I suppose if you want to be absolutely sure, you could save out the report to an rpt file format and then re-import it into VB 6. That should recreate the DCA, DSX, DSR etc., files.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Use the SAP Idea Place

0 Kudos

That is what I was afraid of.  I was hoping someone else might have been able to chime in to let us know what they were for, but it is looking unlikely.

I am still hopeful though.

Thank you for looking at this.

Seradex.

Answers (0)