Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not connect to HANA from AO 2.1

Verakso
Participant
0 Kudos

I have ran into a bit of a kerfuffle.

I have tried to upgrade my AO to version 2.1.1.10239 since our HANA was upgraded to 1.00.097.01.1436865239 to use the new connection method to connect to HANA.

It did also work before, but I had to downgrade again to 1.4 SP13, since I was not able to save the workbooks (it insisted that I was trying so save in format 1.4x and that doesn't support the new connections).

But since it worked for others I updated again, but now I get this error, when I try to open the window, where you manage the new HANA http connections, but instead of getting the window I get this:

Any idea what's causing this?

Regards

/Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Verakso
Participant
0 Kudos

I think I have narrowed the problem down.

In my SAPGUI client, and NetWeaver Business Client, I had many old entries.

Now in SAPGUI it is not a problem having the same connection multiple times, since you can have the same connection in different folders.

But these folders are not shown in the connection window i AO, so then you get the error of »An item with the same key has already been added«.

So I cleaned up my SAPGUI configuration (actually I spend a day uninstalling all SAP software, delete registry keys, various leftovers in profiles AppData ect ), and after a clean install of SAPGUI, NetWeaver Businessclient and Analysis for Office, it worked again.

But there is still plenty of issues with AO 2.x and using HANA!

I can make a fine HTTP connection to HANA, but my NetWeaver connections the gets multilplied when I have opened the connections in AO

Becomes to this

I also wonder if there is an update to HANA Live views under its way.

I HANA Live view browser, you can easily download an SAPAOX file

But that is still in format 1.x and using ODBC connection, which is no longer supported i AO 2.x

So the workarround would be to modify once AO 2.x to save in 1.x format, and the reopen it and save it as 2.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've got the same problem when upgrading from AO 1.4.13 to 1.4.14. Reason was, that in the saplogon.ini configuration all the server name descriptions (tag [DESCRIPTIONS]) were stored twice (once at the beginning and once at the end of the file). Since this is wrong, I deleted the doubled tag [DESCRIPTIONS] and voilà, it was working again.

Best,

Patrick

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member110741
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Thomsa Nielsen,

Delete the connections which are already available HTTP connections in dialog, and try creating New connection again

Subhash

Verakso
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Subnash

Here lies the problem, when I press »Insert Data Source«

And then press »Skip« to open the window with the connection(s)

I get the error I described, instead of the window with the connection(s).

I wonder if there is some place on my local machine, where this information i stored (profile, registry, settings file ect.) that I could locate and delete?

Regards
/Thomas