cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected Weird bugs in SAP PA 2.2(Expert Mode)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying to run auto classification algorithm with the data set having around 4,50,000 rows with 50 columns. I am using 8 GB machine.

Let me list down the error i faced up until now for the same dataset:

BUG1 : First time when I tried running the model with around 30 columns as input and 1 Target Variable. Below attached error popped up. Despite the fact I have allocated 4GB virtual memory for the tool using .ini file

[Sybase][ODBC Driver][Sybase IQ]You have run out of space in IQ_SYSTEM_MAIN DBSpace.

-- (s_blockmap.cxx 4566)

undefined

However after the multiple restarts of the tool and doing trial runs, the model run successfully took about 12 mins.

I got the output, did some visual analysis and created a story board and saved the document.

BUG2: Ok after sometime when I tried reopening the document, a new error pops up:

magically the story board was there but in the predict tab I can't see the model  anymore.Blank predict tab, no algorithm mapping nothing. It happened earlier also I posted the same issue on scn previously but no concrete solution yet .

BUG3: Ok I thought may be data is too large, I deleted few junk columns and the dataset size got reduce to 173 MB from 234 MB. And I applied the Auto Classification algorithm. The model ran successfully, and now when I am trying to apply Model Statistics component to the model,  a new error pops up

and this above error didn't came first time when I saved the document earlier which got corrupted.

I really don't get it whats the issue. My more focus and time is taken away on fixing such issues, rather than working on the algorithm.

Does anyone has any suggestion on how to handle such issues or why its happening like that?

Regards

Ranajay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Ranajay,

Could you tell me how you managed to extend the space for the IQ server?

I've encountered the same error with fewer data ( 1MM rows & 6 columns).

Regards,

Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan

First I would request you to upgrade to PA 2.3 or 2.4 in which these bugs are fixed. Secondly you might have to allocate 1.5-2.5GB virtual memory for the tool using .ini file depending on your system. See the below snapshot to do the same.

Hopefully it will help

Regards

Ranajay

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

I would recommend that you upgrade first to SAP Predictive Analytics 2.4 and see if you still face the problem before you tweak the .ini file.

In case you need further help, can you please create a new discussion with all the details on the problem that you are facing?

Thanks & regards,

Antoine

0 Kudos

Thank you, Ranajay!

I'm on 2.4 already so I'll try this as soon as I have access to the file (I need admin access as it is located in Program Files).

I will come back with the result.

Regards,

Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan

As Antoine mentioned, try without modifying the .ini file. Then if it doesn't work then modify the .ini file.

Regards

Ranajay

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

At this stage, I do not have 100% certainty that the problem is caused by a memory problem (despite the fact it looks like it is).

Hence my recommendation to open a dedicated discussion on this, Dan.

It's also good to know that SAP support would focus help on software that is operated "out of the box".

And chances are we will need to go through the support channel on this one, in case it is reproduced on SAP PA 2.4. 

Best regards

Antoine

0 Kudos

Hi Antoin,

It seems the issue persists, with the file as it is or with the memory extended as per Ranajay's comment.

I even tried extending the values to huge amounts:

I'm getting this error by using standard components (I haven't even reached the point where I can deploy my custom component):

What do you suggest would be the best thing to do next? Open a new discussion (as this is related to 2.4) or open a support ticket?

Just an FYI, I'm using the Trial version of SAP PA so I am not sure if I am able to open a support ticket for it...

Regards,

Dan

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dan,

Please create a new discussion and I'll support you from there.

Your tests seems to confirm my initial intuition that this has nothing to do with memory and .ini file.

Thanks & regards,

Antoine

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ranajay

Please log a support ticket with SAP support so that we keep track of these issues not only via SCN discussions.

Thanks & regards

Antoine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Antoine, I will do it.

Regards

Ranajay

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you been able to log the ticket already?

Thanks & regards

Antoine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antoine

let me upgrade to 2.3, if it helps. I will close the issue then. As there are many other issues i have been facing in 2.2 version, was confused for which point I should raise the tickets. Give me sometime to upgrade, post to which I will reply on the thread.

Regards

Ranajay

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Sure, take your time, no hurry.

Best regards

Antoine

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any update?

Thanks

Antoine

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you been able to conclude on this one?

Cheers,

Antoine

Former Member
0 Kudos

I haven't encountered this issue, since I upgraded to SAP PA 2.3. So I shall close it now...

Sorry for the delayed response..

Regards

Ranajay