cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Services auto generate file name for blob

0 Kudos

hi,

my requirement is to read one blob column from table and generate a file on a specific location.

Data services is auto generating file name for blob with ".bin" extension but i want to give some specific name to file.

Please help me out in this ..

SAP DATA Services 4.2

1- file name i give in DS job is SIF_12345678_DBQ_20150112.csv but data services is just inserting bin file name in this file.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member198401
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mehernosh,

Can you check if the BLOB(long) column is getting outputted correctly. You can place a template table instead of a CSV file format.

Whats the datatype of the column which is being generated in the File Format editor

Regards

Arun Sasi

0 Kudos

Yes Arun output is correct. File is also generated. Only issue is i want to give specific name to blob file but Data services is auto generating file name . You can see same in the screen shot i pasted in my post.

0 Kudos

Column data type is blob.

former_member198401
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mehernosh,

Not sure why DS is creating the extension as .bin but can you place a batch script(after the dataflow which creates the file) which will rename it as desired .csv file extension.

Regards

Arun Sasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm having the same problem. Can you tell what was the problem and how did you resolved it?

Regards