cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to have 2 level's of approval in Incident Management before Investigation starts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

We are implementing EHSM - 5.0 for Incident Management. In the SAP standard scenario, there is no approval process to verify whether collected information's of Basic info, people, witness, asset, release tabs are correct or not. To verify the collected information, client wants to have two level of approvals,

1. Managers approval.

2. HSE approval.

So my question is, can we have 2 levels of approval with minimum customization? If yes, can you please give me some light about the procedure to follow?

Thanks

Partha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rath,

Incident life cycle is operated/governed by workflow, We can customize the workflow by levering standard workflow. WF WS00500001 triggers review and complete initial incident record work item.

This workflow can be customized to add additional approval step, and subsequently building custom agent determination rule.

Thanks and Regards,

Mounesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mounesh

Thanks for the reply. Yes. You are right to customize the work flow. I may need lit bit more detail help. My plan is to create two more status lets say 1st approval and 2nd approval. Once all the data collected status can be set to 1st approval and work flow should come into picture to get approval and status required to set to 2nd approval for last approval. Once we receive both approval then investigation should start.

Can you please give me more detailed procedure to implement this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rath,

Please find below steps for achieving your requirement.

1. Create custom workflow by copying standard work flow template

2. In custom work flow add one container operation step / background step to set first approval status, you need to do appropriate binding with status field of ROOT node and subsequent to this you need to add one more dialogue step with work item "First level approval", for this step create custom agent determination rule which will identify agent who will execute this step.

Note: Don't see any configuration step to define custom status of incident life cycle, you can either decide to maintain same status for both approval levels, else if 1st level and 2nd level approval status are very much required then you may have to do fixed value append in domain "EHFND_BO_STATUS_EXT_REOPN_CODE" using t code SE11.

Please let me know if you find config step to add custom status.

3. Repeat the same step for 2nd level approval.

4. using t code SWE2 / SWETYPV assign custom workflow template to "CREATE" event of BO "CL_EHHSS_PCO_INC_LC".

Remain at your disposal for any further info.

Thanks and Regards,

Mounesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rath,

Sorry missed to mention one more step, you may have to add custom steps in POWL following required steps, otherwise custom steps may not be visible in work overview POWL.

Thanks and Regards,

Mounesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mounesh

Thanks for the valuable info. Let me go by each steps as you mentioned and let you know.

Thanks again and Appreciate your quick response.

I have another query. I need similar 2 level of approval before investigation report published. I know we can ask for approval before publishing the report. But it seems one level. Can I replicate same procedure again to get next level of approval before report get published?

1. Approval from Mangers

2. Approval from HSE. Once I received the HSE approval then I can publish the investigation report. Can you please give me some guidance?

Thanks

Rath.