SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Substitute Doc no for collective child.

former_member230926
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

When we generate invoicing for collective child system tag child invoicing with a substitute document no, my question is some times system will give same substitute doc no to all the child invoices for a mother but sometimes it will give unique substitute doc no.

What are criteria based on which system decides whether same substitute doc for all the child invoices or unique no? 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

When you post an entry for the child account, system checks if any substitute document for the parent account with the same origin, posting date, due date, currency of the child account entry exists. If it exists same substitute document is used for the child account entry, otherwise  a new substitute document is created and used in the child account entry. Also, when system finds an already existing substitute document to use, it should not have reversed or cleared or processed by EA10_Coll earlier.

I assume fqevent 2225 is called to determine creation of substitute document, you can check the same.

Regards,

Sathyadeep.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

former_member199199
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

For a collective parent child relationship, when you post an invoice at child level, it flows up to parent level as a statistical collective bill with a clearing restriction 7. You will notice that the collective bill document at parent level does not have a print document number when it gets posted and it does have a document and posting date same as that in child invoicing.

So, in a particular day, no matter how many child accounts you are invoicing, ideally they should all have same document and posting dates in the child accounts. In that case, system does not create separate collective bill document. Instead, under the same collective bill document number at parent level it keeps on accruing the amounts. So, for all such child invoices you'll find one substitute document number as the collective bill document number.

If you create child invoice on the next day, the document date and posting date would be different. So, system will create a new collective bill document number with clearing restriction 7 and that will be the new substitute document with the new document date and posting date.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks

Bodhisattwa

0 Kudos

Hi Bodhisattwa,

The same was my understanding also, But when I am doing invoicing of two child (Having all same master data like acc det ID , Due date , posting date ) but still different substitute doc is generating that is why I am confuse.

But in some cases It is generating same doc as well.

Thank you

Regards

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

When you post an entry for the child account, system checks if any substitute document for the parent account with the same origin, posting date, due date, currency of the child account entry exists. If it exists same substitute document is used for the child account entry, otherwise  a new substitute document is created and used in the child account entry. Also, when system finds an already existing substitute document to use, it should not have reversed or cleared or processed by EA10_Coll earlier.

I assume fqevent 2225 is called to determine creation of substitute document, you can check the same.

Regards,

Sathyadeep.