cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration with CAD system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All;

My customer needs to procure a CAD system, and integrate it with SAP. So, my question is, Does SAP has a ready made CAD system that can be used in Form work, Scaffolding design, and if not, how can an external CAD system (MEC CAD) integrated with SAP? , What are the procedures and what are the integration points that can help the customer doing its business with SAP?

Thanks for your kind support.

All the best,

Mohammad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amarnath_singanamala2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammad,

SAP doesn't have a ready made CAD system, however it has needed integration and User Interface software to integrate CAD systems. SAP Engineering Control Center is one of the recent and best interfaces ever produced. It comes with predefined interfaces for 8 best CAD systems (could be more), you can find more information here ECTR Wiki , sap help ECTR page and a short overview here on my blog.

It also has CAD Desktop (cDesk) to integrate CAD systems. You can find more information on it here and look for CAD desktop or CDesk. Here is the sap help link for the same.

I would suggest to look at ECTR option as its really easy to install and provide an intuitive User interface for the CAD users to integrate with SAP.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Amar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Amar for your response. It really helps, but how the integration with CAD system through ECTR can improve or can help the customer business?, In another words what is the added values of implementing this kind of integration?

Thanks again for your help.

BR,

Mohammad

vinay_v
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

http://go.sap.com/docs/download/2014/11/a88d7f23-0a7c-0010-82c7-eda71af511fa.pdfDear Mohammad

See the following link to learn more about SAP ECTR.

Hope this helps

Best regards

Vinay

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

amarnath_singanamala2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammad,

What Vinay shared it a good link, you can as well access this scn blog on ECTR which has a short overview.

Thanks,
Amar