Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection lot inconsistency

former_member191663
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi QM Experts,

We have encountered in a situation where inspection lot is created but there is inconsistency.e find below details.

1. In QALS for inspection lot all the fields are empty except inspection plan task list type, group and group counter.

2. When we display same inspection lot in QA03, we get error as 'Origin not found'.

We observed this issue for only materials with multiple inspection plans. We are using 'early lot creation' for 04 inspection type. Process order is correctly created. For materials with sinle inspection plan, this issue is not observed.

Please find attached screen shot of QLAS table.

This is creating major issue as stock is in quality inspection and we are unable to see the lot in any QM transactions. Hence unable to carry out the UD and move the stock.

Requst you to suggest us the possible solution at the earlist.

Thanks in advance,

Gururaj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your backgound program must have some logic to choose the insp. lot and execute QA02 BDC.

So I assume the QALS table data was correct before the custom program runs.

I recommend checking your background program and some enhancement.

(Don't modify or change SAP standard data through custom program!)

Regards

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Absolutely correct!! I'll go with Anand as Inspection type activation is the criteria for inspection lot generation, not the plan assignment.

And this error message 'Origin not found' doesn't seem a standard one to me. I believe it is custom message which appears when BDC doesn't find an inspection lot, again the same case mentioned above.

Multiple plans will only result in lots with created status and probably your BDC does the rest work to assign them an inspection plan of your choice. CRTD lots will not appear in QA03.

Try QA32/33 and look for inspection lots and their system status. If they are there with CRTD, try assigning the plans manually. If you succeed in doing that, recheck the BDC or the upload file.

ntn

former_member191663
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

This issue is not only from BDC, even it is noticed in standard QA02 transaction also. We checked all the master data but everything is fine. Most of the time everything works fine, but issue is happening sometimes only.

Please find below screen shot for 'origin not found'. Seems to be stand error.

Thanks,

Gururaj

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Whether your BDC or any other custom program runs immediately after the lot creation or even at the same time when the lot creation is in progress? Is something running with any exit which is interfering in the lot creation program? That could cause some inconsistency.

Are you working with customized inspection type? Has the assignment of this inspection type to inspection lot origin is done correctly with variant in customization? QCC0 > Quality Inspection > Inspection Lot creation > Maintain Inspection lot origins and assign inspection types.

In your first posting you mentioned that you face this issue only for those materials which have multiple inspection plans. Any other similarity that you noticed with such lots apart from above?

Anand

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please can you provide two example screenshots form QA33 and QALS,

- Inspection lot with 1 inspection plan assigned, before inspection plan assignment via BDC.

- Inspection lot with 2 inspection plans assigned, before inspection plan assignment via BDC. 

former_member191663
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are using custom inspection type and it is being used from several years and we did not see any issues before.

In QA33 the inspection lots with the blank entries in QALS are not shown. Please refer screen shot of QALS in the first post.

We are unable to capture the QALS entries before and after inspection plan assignment as it is happening sometimes not always.

Please help me ASAP to address this issue. Bessiness is affecting severely due to this.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Gururaj

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

It becomes a bit tricky to suggest anything, as the behavior is not repeatable every time. Fellow consultants are trying really hard to fix your custom process and none of us can see your system!!

Please can you clarify, till now how your BDC was working. Have you encountered any issues before? Please can you also check, if there any unnecessary enhancements in place for some other bugfix, which has recently started impacting your process. Their may be some parallel process running (For example, order creation and plan assignment via BDC, etc) which may have an impact like that.

Please can you check during inspection lot creation (having multiple insp plans assigned), any locks are set during creation, which may be a potential reason for this mess, in case everything was working perfectly till now!!

Thanks,

Arijit

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok. I can now assume few things based on all the details till now. System is generating inspection lot and that's how you are getting the inspection lot number. SO there shouldn't be anything wrong with the customization of inspection type. Still check which variant is assigned to material? If more than one inspection type of 04 origin are assigned, make sure you have 'preferred' set on for the variant other than one (1).

You said you can't find the inspection lots in any of the QM transactions. Then how did you get them?? Is there anything else which you use to fetch the inspection lot numbers?? QA33 should return with all the inspection lots. Run it again and don't put anything except the inspection lot number. Execute it for all inspection lots. If this inspection lot is not found, then this inspection lot doesn't exists or else, there is something very strange with the customization.

Once you get it in the QA33 work list, look out for its status.

NJ

former_member191663
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Thanks for your inputs!! But still we are facing this issue.

We are facing this issue with QA02 transactions as well and also BDC of QA02 in background program. Why we do not see inspection lot in QM transactions is dou to all fields are blank in QLAS except task list type, Group and group counter.

After long analysis we checked in QALS by entering Plant=blank, then we found the entries as shown in below screen shots.

I am eagerly waiting for your valuable inputs to address this issue as this is affecting businees a lot.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Gururaj

former_member191663
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Thanks for your inputs!

We have assigned custom inspection type to the material and prefered indicator is active. Also we are using 'early lot creation' for lot origin 04.

Regards,

Gururaj

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gururaj,

I understand that there is no issue in your BDC as you are saying it confidently. Could you please throw some light on the question I asked? What status of QALS you get before the plan assignment and after the plan assignment? Do you get the Plant, Material and Inspection Type fields against the inspection lot before you run BDC or QA02?? Are these getting vanished after BDC run or QA02?

If the answer to above 2 questions is Yes then it is a bug and you need to fix it up with your ABAP consultant. You should do this analysis by putting the system in debug mode at the lot creation transaction.

If the answer is No, then you should raise it to SAP for getting their further suggestions for resolution.

Anand

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gururaj,

Form QALS, the 2nd screenshot suggests that 'Usage" is not even picked for these early inspection lots created, having multiple inspection plans linked to the material for same usage. As for single inspection plan managed inspection lots, you said there are no issues. So I think, there may not be any issue in inspection type/origin config or Material master QM data setup!!

Please can you confirm if you are using any custom method for assigning inspection plans to these early inspection lots created? If so, please can you perform a check if there is any issues.

Also please can you try QA02, for any of these impacted inspection lots and go to 'Inspection Specification' tab, try manually assigning the appropriate inspection plan. Please suggest if that is working, of you can't open the inspection lots in change mode at all.

Thanks,

Arijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

1. have a look on Usage defined in Inspection plan

2. What is the status of inspection lot? further check, are able to assign the inspection plan manually?

CR

former_member191663
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Thanks for quick reply on this.

1. We are using QA02 BDC to assign the inspection plan. This issue also we noticed in standard QA02 transaction.

2. Master data is absolutely fine as for same material works fine but we have this issue sometimes.

3. As shown in above screen shot only inspection lot, task list type, group and group counter are updated in QALS, all other fields are empty.

Please let me know your inputs to proceed furtrher. This is affecting a quite lot as stock is in quality and inspection lot is not visible in QM transactions.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Gururaj

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There must be something abnormal! Few questions from my end,

1. Before running BDC for QA02 or assigning inspection plan manually, whether Plant and Inspection type details are reflected in QALS? - Because I think these are the basic details which every lot should have irrespective whether the task list is assigned to it or not.
  2. If you find these details there before BDC run, and if these are getting vanished after BDC then there is an issue with BDC. It is affecting or doing something extra other than the plan assignment.
  3. Another thing that is seemed strange to me is BDC for plan assignment! What business process do you have there? Why can't the inspection plan gets assigned to the lot at the time lot creation?
  4. Do you have multiple inspection plans with the same usage? Can't you delete the unnecessary ones?

Anand