Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSTN range expansion

raghuvir_bedekar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to expand the PSTN range so I added it into DB VU variable in IA. But in SC the new range does not show. So I have added it as internal range in SC. Is that the correct way ? I need to add more direct lines for agents. Please see attached screen shots.

Thanks,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member202106
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

If you want to change your number range you need to do following:

1. Adjust the new number range in database VU on virtual unit level.
Please make sure that there is no overlapping internal number ranges defined in SC.
2. Syncronize changes made on virtual unit level to HAC level.
(Right click over virtual unit and syncronize)
3. Now as this change touches a value in database normal apply changes command doens't do the job. Instead of that you need to run first upgrade all command (right click on HAC level over database component) and after that execute the apply changes command.

Once process is done you can see the updated number range in SC.

Of course you could raise a question to your customer if phone agents should have a personal extension that can be reached from PSTN? Some customers prefer that there is no such a possibility. In such a case you can create internal number range which is not accessible from PSTN and use these numbers for agents. This has no affect to queue call allocation.

Regards,
Jukka

lloyd_goveia
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Yes. This is the correct process. The PSTN rages are reserved from local operator and once you add these in IA you still need to maintain in SC under the internal number ranges, if this not done, you will get out of range warnings when adding sub ranges.

Best regards,

Lloyd

raghuvir_bedekar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Lloyd.

Ravi.