cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report on a datawindow

Former Member
0 Kudos

I thought, that a you could control the size of a report, by having the autosize not set

my report keeps showing all the records of the datawindow behind the report.

this overwrites text on my datawindow

I'm using 12.5.2 classic.

Also.... why does it prompt me for part #, for every record on the report

I tried to join the main datawindow to the report, but that doesn't seem to be working

finally... the color of the datawindow, changed when I added the report.

it had a button face color... (kind of odd)

you can see it on the preview below

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think what you want is to move everything below the note report up a bit closer and then make all those object slide-all-above.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'd really like to have of items, in a kind of master / detail relationship.

The detail record would basically be Notes entered.

i got one suggestion of doing a DDDW... but, can't seem to get that to work properly.

I really want the user, to view the list...   not pick a single item.

I'll have a button, to pop a screen, where they can do edits, adds, etc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also.... why does it prompt me for part #, for every record on the report

I tried to join the main datawindow to the report, but that doesn't seem to be working

Once you have set the retrieval argument for the notes report, save, close, have a coffee, open, retrieve...

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok... once i saved it, and reloaded

it appears to have taken the autosize turned off

it seems to be working now   Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think in your case, I would have three datawindow controls. The top showing what is now above the notes section and the bottom one show the fields that are below the notes and the middle being the notes datawindow. The top and buttom datawindow should share their buffers as it's really your existing datawindow chopped into two.

You can then resize the middle notes datawindow according to its number of rows and move the bottom one down accordingly.  If there are more notes than you want to display/reasonably have room for, just ensure it's has a vertical scrollbar.