cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange rate difference between postings with exchange rate type P and M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a question : in my current client two different currencies are used - controling area currency USD and company code currency AED.

For planning purposes is used exchange rate type P (ex  0,274 USD= 1 AED), for actual posting is used exchange rate type M.

Internal order budgeting currency is object currency which is AED. Availability control is based on object currency (AED). Availability control is working fine.

My problem is when the total budget is consumed in object currency (AED), there is no available budget amount in AED, but in CO currency there is available amount which is due to the exchange rate differeces.

For example :

Budget is 1000 AED = 274 USD (based on the P exchange rate type -> 0,274 USD = 1 AED)

Actual posting is 1000 AED = 271 USD (based on the current exchange rate  - > 0,271 USD = 1 AED)

Finally when I run report S_ALR_87013019:

• in AED , there is budget =1000 AED , actual = 1000 AED, the available budget amount in AED = 0 ,
  • but in USD, there is budget = 274 USD, actual = 271 USD, the available budget amount in USD = 3 USD

How to solve this problem ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jason_shao
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Aya,

There is a note explaining the details of the standard behavior during currency translations.

Note 906975 currency translation in planning and budgeting.

Best regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Thank you for the note.

My case is really mentioned in it and according to the note ""the system also reduces all values that were previously derived from this value

in the controlling area currency and object currency to zero - irrespective of

the current exchange rate.""

But the system behaviour is different - the system reduces the values in the controlling area currency based on the current exchange rate.

I changed the budget currency from object currency to transaction currency and did tests and nothing is changed.

jason_shao
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Aya,

Please check the note below:

138125 - Currency translation with and without value date

especially the part below:

In the budget profile, there is also the option "Save value date".If this indicator is set, the exchange rate which was used for the first budget is also used if the value date in the budget profile is changed at a later date. Can you check if it works or not?

Best regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jason,

There isn't such an indicator in Budget profile for CO orders

Best regards,

Aya