cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To Disable Menu item from You Can Also Menu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

As per our client Material Generation policy, we are not suppose to allow users to copy material from Display Material and Create Material under You Can Also Menu. We are using SAP PLM WUI 7.3 Latest version.

When any user logged in and navigates to Product Engineering Tab, there you will see Materials in left side panel. As per our client policy we are not suppose to allow users to copy a material from Display Material and Create Material under You Can Also Menu.

Can any one help me, where to disable the Copy Material menu item?

Thanks & Regards,

Prasad.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member214775
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

you can disable them in the LPD_CUST transaction. Role is: PLM.

Best regards

Tamas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas,

Thanks you for your reply. I am talking at portal level. We can do it for the same in NWBC. We are not using NWBC. We are using portal to access the application.

I tried using LPD_CUST at portal. It is not getting reflected at portal side. But where as in NWBC it is getting reflected. If anything is there where we can hide at portal level. Please share that information.

Thanks & Regards,

Prasad.

former_member214775
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

if it is not reflecting in portal then I think you should raise an OSS to ask SAP.

Best regards

Tamas

Former Member
0 Kudos

The configuration of YCA is the same regardless whether you use the application in portal or NWBC. Maybe you have missed a step, remember to copy the launchpad configuration to the correct client and also make sure that the correct launchpad is being used. Typically that is determined by the used Web Dynpro Application configuration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli Kaski,

Thank you so much for your reply.

You are perfectly right, Awesome. I got it. I did it in different client. As per your message i tried in correct client. it is working as desired.

Below mentioned are the steps i followed. Please correct me i have missed any step.

1) Go to T-Code: LPD_CUST

2) Search for "YCA_MAT"

3) Deleted the entry from the screen: "Change Launchpad - Role: PLM Instance: YCA_MAT (EN)"

4) Another option is you can move that particular entry to Inactive Applications.

Thanks & Regards,

Prasad.

amarnath_singanamala2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

Instead of deleting it, you could actually move it to a inactive or invisible folder in that role this will remove it from our NWBC or Portal. This way you can retain it or get it back whenever needed.

Thanks,

Amar

Answers (0)