cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payroll Control Record not locking employees when 'Released for Payroll'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sap expert,

After our upgrade sap_hr,ea_hr, we are experiencing a malfunction of the Payroll Control Record (PA03).

The malfunction is such that it doesn't block employee data of the respective Payroll Area from modifications (PA30) when status 'Released for Payroll' is set and saved for it.

Such functionality was OK before our upgrade.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you send a screenshot of Pa03, T582A for any one infotype which is payroll relevant, PA30 when that infotype is maintained.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please verify the screen shot in this attachment.

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Share the XIN0 schema details.

Regards, Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please verifiy

jagan_gunja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In prod system, in sub-schema XIN0, the line CHECK ABR must be active, i.e., it should not be commented out.  And in QA also, it should be the same to reflect what is in prod.

This check ensures that the payroll area is released when running active payroll for current period;  it does not impact payroll simulation.

In Dev system/clients it is common practice to comment out this line, save a transport with a description "***NOT FOR TRANSPORT**.  This transport is not to be released or moved to QA or Prod. The rationale here in Dev system/client is that several consultants or users would be testing payroll.   This avoids changing the pay period too often.

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

See the line of CHECK ABR in XINO subchema which is commented. In the QAS and Productive system this line should not be commented.

This is checking PA03 payroll status and based upon this schema is executing.

Uncommented and check it.

Regards,Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did as you recommended, but still have the issue.

and also I did for zdo0 and ZHT0 subschemas.

seg_hr_it
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

we just done support package upgrade as well and it is still working fine. Your issue is so strange.

(1) I want to make clear that PA03 will NOT ever BLOCK emp via PA30. User can change / modify any data via PA30 for IT0, 1, 7, 8, etc for future date (comparing with current period in PA03) For some infotypes such as IT22, IT23 you can change or even delete anytime you want. You insist that should BLOCK in PA30 is not correctly so I would like to correct your understanding. In fact SAP just raise ERROR message only (not BLOCK).

(2) Maybe some one change IT characteristic in V_T582A, e.g click on Before ERA date, so system will allow user to change these IT backdated even from hiring date (many years ago). You should check carefully the table view.

(3) please ensure you are testing correct system

If it is indeed an issue, please raise OSS message to SAP to request they fix it as it is SAP standard.

Good luck.

Woody

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

Then it could be related to Infotype characteristics. Due to upgradation maight be infotype characteristics or in the module pool program of the infotypes got changed or it's not been updated correctly.

Check the infotypes charateristics. Also check that are you doing change in the current payroll period or future period. If you are doing for future period then PA03 status would be effect on it.

If you are doing correct then i think you should raise an OSS message for this issue.

Regards, Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you send the T582A screenshot for IT 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please see screen shoot

seg_hr_it
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Some one changed IT1 characteristic already.

You should maintain R for field Retr.acct.payr which is located on the left bottom corner under Before ERA Date. The information is very basic in SAP HR, please press F1 key to have more SAP document.

Your current setup for IT1 means that IT1 is NOT related to PY, as a result you can change it backdated since the joining date (many years ago e.g).

Best Regards,

Woody

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

You have to maintain R in Retro accounting payroll field.

Might be some one has changed this field as blank or due to upgrade it could happen.

Regards,Sankarsan

Answers (0)