cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows active directory or LDAP

amit_balajiwale
Explorer
0 Kudos

I want to take users form windows active directory or ldap which are already present at clientside.

After that I want to connect multiple ep users with single ecc backend user.

How to perform Ldap or active directory for my scenario?

Whether LDAP or active directory is write solution for it or there is some other way to do it.

Please Help......

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So just to be clear here....

You want MULTIPLE windows/network login users to connect to MULTIPLE portal userids (which would still be those same LDAP "users" actually if your LDAP is your user store configured for your portal)....but then you want this to translate into ONE single ECC user on the backend?

First of all....why? Unless this is for strictly ESS purposes, it would appear you are attempting to get around licenses users on the backend. You realize that you lose any kind of granularity with backend security and auditing for those users, right? You have ONE user with one security/authorization profile and you can not tell which "physical" user did what as they will all show as updates/changes/etc from that ONE user.

Second....yes, this is possible and has been done for years (maybe not ALL users but smaller subsets).

You just need to look at single sign on (SSO) options for your environment and go from there.

amit_balajiwale
Explorer
0 Kudos

I create sso for user in ep with same usename in ess . But in this case to I have to crate uses with same username in portal and ecc.

And Client already having his user list for windows so I have to pull it from there may be LDAP is solution for it.

I am having more ess mss licenses and few ecc licenses.

So only few users have access to backend system and all other users access ess mss from portal at same time they must be view and modify change there own infomation from portal only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

To connect multiple EP users with single ECC backend user , you need to configure System Object with Logon method UIDPW. Also you need to maintain JCo's with UIDPW , not with SAP LOGON Ticket.

Could you please elaborate more?

Do you want to enable SSO between WINDOWS and EP ?

Regards,

Krunal

amit_balajiwale
Explorer
0 Kudos

I create sso for user in ep with same usename in ess . But in this case to I have to crate uses with same username in portal and ecc.

And Client already having his user list for windows so I have to pull it from there may be LDAP is solution for it.

I am having more ess mss licenses and few ecc licenses.

So only few users have access to backend system and all other users access ess mss from portal at same time they must be view and modify change there own infomation from portal only.