cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi Level Heuristic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all:

I've sent all Materials, BOMs, Routings, Production Versions from ECC to APO.  I am using SNP PDS's.  My question is whether I should have to include the finished goods materials, plus the sub assembly materials and raw materials in my Heuristic run?  I run both Pegging and Low Level codes (/sapapo/snpllc) programs prior to the Heuristic.  I am running a Location Heuristic (I need to run Location, as opposed to Network so I don't interfere with other countries' heuristics which run on the same APO application).

I have checked both:

Take into account found components in planning run

Add products from supersession chains

Source Determination = All Levels

Do Not use Temporary Low Level Codes

Net Change Planning is unchecked

I need to see requirements in the proper Location for all Materials in all levels of the BOM.  I expected I would only have to include the finished goods materials in the Heuristic, but it is not creating Planned Orders all the way down to the subs and raws.  When I include the sub and raw materials in the Heuristic, it does create the Planned Orders at those levels.  I just expected that I would not have to do that since I have the PDS active and see all components in it.

I am running only SNP;  not PP/DS.

Thanks for any guidance.

Andrea

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea

As you have selected only finished goods in the Heuristic, it will not propagate the demand to dependent articles and will not plan them. It will only plan specific products i.e. finished products and specific location which is defined in the heuristic job.

For you requirement you should go for Multilevel Heuristics. Please find below the link from SAP wiki which will explain the basic way of working for different SNP Heuristics.

Differences between SNP Heuristics modes - Supply Chain Management (SCM) - SCN Wiki

Please go through them and let me know if it helps you.

Thanks

Amol