cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCo initialization failed with java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no sapjco3 in java.library.path

Former Member
0 Kudos

ABAP communication layer is not configured properly. This might be caused by missing Microsoft Runtime DLLs VS2010. Consult the installation guide or download page for further details on how to install this component.

JCo initialization failed with java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no sapjco3 in java.library.path.

I am using Windows 10

DJ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just came across the same issue and solved it by downloading SAP JAVA Connector and follow the Read Me for the installation. http://service.sap.com/connectors. If necessary, select the Tools & Services

MarkusTolksdorf
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

please note that this is a workaround and not the solution. The solution is the adoption of the Eclipse runtime to recognize Windows 10 being a Windows version and therefore extracting the JCo JNI library correctly ...

Best regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, fully agreed

MarkusTolksdorf
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello David-Jose,

it might be related to the fact that Windows 10 is not yet recognized by eclipse to be a Windows operating system. That has happened before with Windows 8(.1) and previous versions. Therefore, the bundle containing the native library for JCo on Windows will not be loaded in a way so that the library is extracted to the disk. As a consequence its not available for loading.

As a workaround you could extract the sapjco3.dll manually and put it in a directory in the java.library.path so that JCo can load it. The true solution needs to be provided by the eclipse team. Are you already using Mars?

Best regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have the same problem.

After i copied the sapjco3.dll to winows/system32 this problem was solved.

But additional I don't get any menu-entrys by eclipse->preferences->servers as you can see

in the image below.

Does the HCP Tools work with windows10 or do i need a windows 7 apc?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks so much!  I decided to start from scratch and re-download Eclipse IDE in a total different file since I found out that application was on the server  (Problem therefore was on mt desktop) without any problems. I do have another question. I get the attached when I load Eclipse - How do I or  can I reload the original from the remote server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where did you copy "sapjco3.dll " from? I have the same problem now and therefore cannot connect/Link the "Eclipse IDE" to the SAP HANA Trial version "Hihanaxs". If there is another way, please let me know?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just used the windows search function and found the sapjco3.dll in a subfolder of eclipse.

sry, i dont remember the full path.

MarkusTolksdorf
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

even as a work-around, you should not copy sapjco3.dll to system32 folder. Please copy it to a location, in which the concrete eclipse installation is looking for libraries. See also the installation instructions of JCo standalone.

Best regards,

Markus

Grzegorz102
Explorer

for me, JCo connector was not enough. Paths and environment variables also not enough.

Finally - installing - as JCo installation guide says in javadoc/installation.html

the Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 C/C++ runtime libraries helped

( see link below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4032938/update-for-visual-c-2013-redistributable-package )