cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Parameter Update

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are passing a particular info parameter through "Define SAP EM Data Extraction" using following configuration.

Field Type : Use Value

Structure/Table : <Custom Structure Name>

Field Name : <Custom Field Name>

Extract Entries : Use All Entries

Data is getting updated perfectly at EM end.

For multiple entries, parameter indexes are populated sequentially.

For Ex:

Parameter Name     Parameter Value  Parameter Index

X                              A                         1

X                              B                         2

X                              C                         3

X                              D                         4

When we are trying to change the value of ABCD to EF, then we are expecting the following

X                              E                         1

X                              F                         2

but we are still getting the following.

X                              C                         3

X                              D                         4

the parameter index 3 and 4 are not getting reset to Initial.

Any Suggestion, how to refresh all the parameter values of a parameter (all the parameter index), before passing any value to it.

Regards,

Ratnakar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sukumar_perumalsamy
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ratnakar,

you have to define the logic in application system create and delete the old parameter during the change update triggered by actions or in update task of EM EH logic required to delete or reset the old parameter values .

Rule set activity triggered only if you report the events from application system or external system. better to include the logic in application system or explore the EM BADI ( /SAPTRX/BADI_EH_S) options.

~Sukumar

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks Sukumar, Gopi and Steffen for suggesting various ways to fix the issue.

Actually I was exploring the EM-AI (as mentioned by Steffen) and Ruleset (as mentioned by Gopi), but I thought there might be a simple way to fix this issue through Configuration.

Because All I want was to reset all the parameter values of a particular parameter irrespective of parameter index before passing any new data to it.

Again many thanks for the reply..

Regards,

Ratnakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ratna,

The ruleset config with custom function would be best as if tomorrow any requirement change, it would enable you to remove activity function and ruleset seamlessly.

Regards

GGOPII

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

i don't thin rule set is the best solution here. With rule set you would need an extra event message.

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen,

Basically this particular info parameter is getting updated through BAPI_EH_POST at a later time as per design.

So Would not it be fine to reset the value through EH Update function...instead of using EM -AI way.

Because in case of EM-AI way, We have to populate the old data in the enhancement, then in the custom info parameter extraction function module..we have to write the logic to push action as delete for old entries which are not mentioned in the new data (parameter name+index wise)..

Regards,

Ratnakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen,

We don't require separate event message to populate as we can incorporate into existing event messages to update.

Regards

GGOPII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ratnakar,

Just to clear confusion, is there any event being posted here? Gopi thinks there will be an event in your process but based on your questions I am assuming there is no event here.

In the absence of event, I would go by Steffen's or Sukumar's solution i.e either through AI or through Update Activity 1 ( PARAM_CHANGE_CUST).

You should be able to decide which option to use based on:

1) Amount of logic you need to code to update/delete/add your parameters.

2) Performance impact between AI and Update Act 1 and choosing one of the option which is better in terms performance.

Thanks,

Vishnu

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ratnakar,

I was just wondering, if the issue has been solved?

From my point of view you should either

- not use the "Define SAP EM Data Extraction", but instead implement the extraction in custom function module. Then it should be easy to send deletion for all not wanted index parameters values.

or

- stay with the non-coded extraction and use update activity 1 on EM side to clear the parameter values you do not want anymore

Please also check consulting note 2089363 regarding the generic EM data extraction. We do not recommend to use it in scenarios which are critical regarding the performance.

Best regards, Daniel

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ratnakar,

you have to set Parameter Action to 😧

Parameter Name     Parameter Value  Parameter Index Action

X                              C                         3                              D

X                              D                         4                              D

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ratnakar,

You are sending only two parameter values so it updates first two on SAP EM info table.

You have done custom extraction to update in SAP ECC side, however SAP EM was updated previously with A, B, C and D and total four parameter values and indexed.

You can achieve this easily in SAP EM through ruleset by implementing custom activity function.

Check these activity method CHECK/SET_PARAM_VALS and activity function 510_PARAM_UPDATE.

How to implement?

1. Define ruleset to check for event code if it is specific to event.

2. Write custom function to delete and recreate every time for that info parameter.

Check and let me know.

Regards

GGOPII