cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAM03 Counter Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have been using Motor Pool successfully for 3 years, however a new requirement has come up. Currently all the counters in the pool are DISTANCE.  My users would like me to set up a new pool with equipment using TIME as the counter (Hours).  My question, is it possible to use both DISTANCE and TIME counters at the same time? I am getting the no suitable counter found error.  From what we can tell, the system goes to table T370POS and which ever position has a usage of 1, that is the measurement position that it searches for.  It looks as though you can only use DISTANCE or TIME but not both.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is possible to schedule a vehicle with one Distance counter and a second vehicle with a Time counter in the same PAM03 board. When a vehicle is issued in the board, the system looks for the a counter with a usage in counter purpose of ( 1 consumption-related distance counter). I added a new measurement position PAM_TIME and set the counter purpose to  1 consumption-related distance counter.  I am not using the fleet module to measure consumption, my counters are only for PM scheduling.  I can now create equipment numbers for our helicopters and schedule them via the PAM board along with our vehicles.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alan,

You can use both counter distance and time for equipment.also maintain value from IFCU Tcode for all counters.same value will reflect on MCIZ standard report.

Regards

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

In addition, each equipment will only have one counter.  IN pool 1 all counters will  be DISTANCE.  In pool 2 all counters will be TIME.

tajinder_singh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I won't suggest that. One option could be to have just one counter for distance on equipment master. But while doing the settlement, you can use 2 activity types, one for distance and one for time. So you would be entering the time values directly in activity type with no measurement document. This is the drawback of this but this is a workaround solution if you donot want to go for enhancement.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Tajinder

tajinder_singh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alan,

In standard SAP PAM solution, you can use only one counter.

Thanks,

Tajinder