cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get email or Alert trigger for long running events in Process chain in BI 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Good evening.

I have a requirement like, Developer or respective persons should get mail for long running events in process chain. We have options to get mail for success and error but here case is, if DTP load taking more time then last loads or estimated time then we should get mail(s) like who we will get mails for success  and error.

Thanks,

Ashok Reddy K.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

- if you want to avoid custom code and the maintenance to it, use Solution manager process chain monitoring which also not only gives you long running, it also gives you not started process chain and can send different types of alerts for the same process chain.

here is a thread on this topic

BWCCMS is the transaction code to monitor & http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-11505 gives you step by step and also ST13 is another good monitoring tool while it does not have email capabilities you can setup multiple variants to check daily status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Krishna,

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

You need to create an Alert Program which needs to run periodically during your loads. Please find attached sample code which you can refer-

To work with this program we created an custom table ZCRIT_CHAINS which will have estimated start time and Avergae run time of the process chains-

Regards,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Thanks for your reply,

Can you please tell me, where we add this code. are we need to create event or any other process is there.?

Can you please help in how we need proceed to step by step. please.

Thanks,

Ashok Kumar K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

As a first step create an custom table ZCRIT_CHAINS and manintain below prerequisites and process chain names  which you want to monitor and send alerts in that table as shown below-

Now create an custom program and refer the given code for that Program. Also This code was an sample which you can refer and redevelop based on your requirements.  The new program needs to run periodically to send email alerts for all process chains which you want to monitor, Please let me know if you need further details-

Regards,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pavan  for your help.

Here i writing what i understand,

Step 1 : We need create a table and need to update with details. we will use it in code as lookup.

Step 2 : We need to create functional module and this functional module needs run periodically.

I have one doubt here, Where i need to include this FM. In process chain or any other process to run this periodically.

Thanks,

Ashok Kumar K.

+91-9008109966.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Ashok, you are correct. But for step 2 you need to create an SE38 ABAP program instead if FM and you can schedule that ABAP Program through simple process chain or SM37 job.

Also please make sure to assign points if it helps-

Regards,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok

you need to include abap program in the chain to do this. you can use class cl_rsbk_dtp method to run DTP  and you check the runtime of previous runs using RSBKREQUEST_V table.