cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable / Disable Short Keys in PA20/PA30 Transactions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

With regards to short keys on PA20/PA30 Transactions, like '=n.Lastname' etc. Is it possible to enable / disable this feature at the user level.?

One of the user is reporting that she is not able to search by making use of these short keys. She tried on other systems and still facing the same issue.

Others users are able to search fine. Please assist.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jimso101
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faroog,

Please have a look into the blog

Hopefully this helps!!! For hotkeys you can add a parameter value in own data.Refer the blog for more details.

Regards

JIm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jimson,

Thanks for the info. But I am looking at  a way to enable / disable this feature. User is reporting she is not able to do a search by using short keys in PA20/PA30.  Wondering If I need to enable it for her in her user settings somewhere.

Regards,

Farooq

jimso101
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you have not read the blog properly.It clearly explains your query.Please have a look at it.

Check the  section "What if you do not see the hotkeys on the tabs?" in the blog.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could this be an authorization issue? Can you check the user's security profile to see of they have "M" (matchcode) access for infotype 0002. Infotype 0002 because looks like they are trying to search using lastname.firstname. You should also compare this user's security profile with that of the user for whom hotkeys are working.

P_ORGIN (and P_ORGXX if you're using it) object would need to have the following setup:

INFTY = 0002

AUTHC = M

Hope this helps.

Donnie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Farooq,

Yes, use the Hot Keys Option in the Menu options on top of the screen.

Prepare a End User doc on SAP GUI Options and share it with business.

Rohit.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Thanks for the info. But I am not able to find the hot keys Option in Menu Options . I can see only 'User Menu' and 'SAP Menu' in the 'Menu' . Also I tried looking at the menus in PA20/PA30, I am not able to locate the place where I can enable / disable hot keys. Please assist.

Regards,

Farooq