cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Display Rules User Value Syntax

former_member204733
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, This seems like it should be an easy answer, but I can not find it documented any where, and have tried lots of variations.

I am trying to create a rule in the Master Rules Collection, in the Portal Display Rules Editor, based on USER, and have put in my userid (testing in development) in all sorts of formats with single and double quotes, \ , etc, and it does not seem to recognize my user id.

My Logon ID in is BUSRIJ   (and it shows like that in User Administration).     What format should that be entered in for the expression value for the rule?

Also.. we are logging in to the portal using another abap system as the reference UME for users.  And in properties of an object, the Created By field will list my identify as   USER,R3_DATASOURCE.BUSRIJ

Does that make a difference in how I would specify my userid in the rules expression?   and if so, how should that be entered.

Or is the USER field value looking for something else.  such as a my name  JONES,RUTH    or logon alias   RUTH.JONES

And I know for other types of objects, the documentation says to give the full PCD:....   but I don't find the user themselves listed anywhere in the PCD.

Ruth Jones

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

just your logon id, nothing else. (no quote)

former_member204733
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you.. I can't beleive I didn't try that version somewhere along the way.. but .. it did work that way.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member189925
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ruth

Refer to the SCN Document : http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-65493

And check in the 1st point of the solution, as to how the user id is maintained in the master rule collection.

Regards

Santarshi Samanta

former_member204733
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Santarshi,  I'm afraid that doesn't help.  The picture still only shows an example of a rule where user = *.    Not a specific userid.

Ruth