Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart forms to pdf conversion problem.

former_member196331
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing one problem. I need your valuable suggestions.

We are having one smart forms it is picking data from the eban (purchase requisition). Print has to pick material code and description.

Everything is fine. We are using so many years on words.   In print preview (After run the ztcode)  It is showing correctly like below

Material code is

BMX.69696.85

MBx.5258585

But smart form to pdf conversion Some lines are changing their text like first character is missing.

MX.69696.85

Bx.525858

Not all the material codes only out of  26  only  4  materials are showing wrongly. First character is missing.

I don't think the problem is because of code . Because In print preview is coming properly. After conversion to pdf it  is showing wrongly.

Has any body faced this problem. I open the mm03  for this material i has not seen any thing wrong. Beside text material description is also coming

properly. Can any body tell me why this is happening.

I am taking print preview by using command Pdf! and through the spool request both are i tried. But same problem is coming.

22 REPLIES 22

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope there is something wrong with the alignment put some space  and check in the paragraph format you used for it.

Regards

Nav

0 Kudos

Ok i will check it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls. check if the data is properly coming in OTF.

It may be because of improper translation or incorrect language being passed to smartform.

Thanking You All..!!

0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your reply.

I created the same material in Development,

Same type of problem is coming.

May i know how could i check the OTF.. data is coming properly.

May i know where can i put the break point. after pdf! can i check the code..

0 Kudos

Hi,

You can find OTF details in SP01, with the spool no. for your output.

To check language, check the language field in control parameters in the driver program..!!

Print preview may show correct data, even if the language is not supported by Smartform, because it gets other language specific details from Windows environment and dispaly all the characters in print preview, but does not gets windows environment while printing resulting in junk character in the print.

Thanking You All..!!

0 Kudos

Thank u sir,

I will check it.

0 Kudos

I checked in Smart form (OTF) DATA  It is showing correctly at SP01 .

But Pdf version is the problem, May i know what is the problem, I am not able to imagine.

Two ways i am generating the pdf

1)RSTXPDFT4.

2)pdf!

But both are not working giving the wrong output.

0 Kudos

Where are you printing the material code? Left most column? Please attach a screenshot if possible.

R

0 Kudos

HI,  Thanks for your reply. Plz have a look on attached image.

From the start of the page. Left column.

0 Kudos

Thanks. Put some space(Maybe 0.1 CM ) on the left hand side of the field . You can create a character format in your smart style and have some space.

BTW what font you are using?

R

0 Kudos

But my question is other material also displaying but only 4 materials are giving the problem,

they are having same length and same type.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe either your Smartform is not available in the desired language or your printer does not supports this font.

Also see if are using Helve / Courier / Times Roman as your font.

You can check if OSS 1632287 / 1376997 is applicable for you.

There is one more note that exactly address your query, I do not remember the OSS No., will post, if I get it.

Thanking You All..!!

0 Kudos

Oki will check it.

0 Kudos

I need a small information

How could i find the style of the text . Please have a look on below attached images.

If i open the text of the table .. It is assigned as p6 i think this is paragraph format.

and in smart form style  is assigned as system. But if i open the style at Smart styles. there is not paragraph format.

may i know how could i see the properties of the p6..Can any body help .

0 Kudos

Hi,

Just have a look at the snapshot below .

Here zrgp1 is the smartstyle created.Just double click on this and you will go to the smartstyle created with different paragraphs existing in it.

Regards

Nav

0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the style used at text-18 level is ZMM_PURC(Check in output option of text-18) in which the paragraph P6 exits.

The problem is with your styles check the message displaying in your P6.png screen shot.

Regards,

Shadab.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I saw your are snapshot according it seems that the smartstyle from which the paragraph format P6 is used is missing .So create a smartstyle through the tcode SMARTSTYLES.

0 Kudos

HI, Thanks for your help. Zmm_purc Not available. But other style is available.

ok

0 Kudos

Hi, I put some space , How much i give the space it is effecting means it is moving to right side but if i take the pdf .. Same problem is coming.

But some thing i had found. While taking the print preview not pdf.

It is showing the output devices .. If i select LP04. Please have a look on below attached image.

Data is coming like this.

Actual Material Code :: ВМ5X0.86ЕX10.26.11

AT LP04                   ::   ##5x0.86#10.26.11

AT LP01                   ::  5x0.8610.26.11.

Remaining 4 materials are also same thing.

May i know what is the problem. Is output device problem or any other thing.

The above material i had  manually copy pasted from Production to development. Same thing is happend.

0 Kudos

hi, I am using Font as times roman. I was thought this is the problem. I changed to helve but no use same problem.

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you find (look for) 1481367 - PDF converter: Saving PDF data in binary spool request

Implementing (if required) this note will allow you to download the original OTF and the copied PDF for further analysis.

Regards,

Raymond

former_member196331
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Some problem in Material code creation.