cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analytics MetaData

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's

We have a 3 tier landscape, and in Dev I have created the MetaData for the Analytical Privileges on the Dev Schema(ERPDEV). If I transport the views to QA the MetaData gives an error due to the Schema being different in QA(ERPQA). How do I transport it because Schema mapping is not working for the MetaData.

Regards.

Koos.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I have setup the schema mappings but the analytics metadata seems not to use the mappings, you can only use the physical schema the table are in. Here is my dev systems mapping:

and this is my QA system:

Koos.

lucas_oliveira
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Koos,

You mentioned on your first post that you had schemas ERDEV and ERPQA for the schemas. Not what you displayed on your authoring schemas. If that was just a typo from on your first post, please provide the activation logs ( text, no screeshots) with the errors.

BRs,

Lucas de Oliveira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lucas.

I just used names in the first post for argument sake. The analytics metadata is not changed with an activation, you just change it and then save it, no logs generated and as you transport to the QA system there is also no error. It just does not display the metadata.

Regards.

Koos.

lucas_oliveira
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Koos,

Hm... you said on your error description:

[...]If I transport the views to QA the MetaData gives an error due to the Schema being different in QA(ERPQA) [...]

Transports involves activaction. That's why I figured the activation logs would be helpful here. But you're saying there's no error involved and I wonder if we're speaking about the same subject.

Could you elaborate what is the issue you're going through?

Isn't there anything logged in the indexserver trace files ?

BRs,

Lucas de Oliveira

lucas_oliveira
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Koos Goss,

Maping the authoring schema to the physical should have worked. What does your schema mapping looks like? Run 'select * from _SYS_BI.M_SCHEMA_MAPPING' and share the results please.

BRs,

Lucas de Oliveira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Schema Mapping between source system and target system should be made to move Objects across systems in HANA.

Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Koos,

The practice is to keep the same Schema for all source system landscapes(DEV,QC,PROD).

During config of source system in SLT you define the mapping of source with HANA Schema.

HANA-DEV-SCHEMA1 to ECC_DEV

HANA-QC-SCHEMA1  to ECC QC....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eriki.

We do not use SLT, the ERP is on HANA. So I cannot pick the name, the ERP system creates the schema name.

Regards.

Koos.