Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new ADT version 2.48 - any infos?

michaelvk
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

today I saw that a new ADT version 2.48 is available and downloaded it in Eclipse. My question is, is there any official information about the update? Are there new features, or just bugfixes?

In general it would be nice to have a dedicated website with release notes of the ADT versions. Then you could easily look up what are the news in the current version. That would be better than searching this discussion board about it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ThFiedler
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

the problem is that we have a strong dependency between the ADT features and the ABAP backend.

That means there are a lot of new features in the eclipse client available but they only work against the latest AS ABAP version which is not released yet. Therefore the rollout is currently not that easy.

That means only bugfixes were delivered with version 2.48.

Regards,

Thomas.

3 REPLIES 3

ThFiedler
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

the problem is that we have a strong dependency between the ADT features and the ABAP backend.

That means there are a lot of new features in the eclipse client available but they only work against the latest AS ABAP version which is not released yet. Therefore the rollout is currently not that easy.

That means only bugfixes were delivered with version 2.48.

Regards,

Thomas.

ThFiedler
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

small additional information. You will find the information after the installation of the update in the eclipse help:

For the next version I definitely will prepare a blog about the new features 🙂

You can guess about the version number.

Regards,

Thomas.

0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

ok I didn´t know about the infos in the eclipse help. That´s helpful, thanks for that!