Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display window in ALV report

former_member246634
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have written a standard report in which I display an ALV grid ( cl_salv_table ). I have also added a hotspot to one column, let's call it ERROR and here is what I want to achieve:

1. After pressing cell select appropriate data (error descritption from Z table, multiple rows, I know how to do this)

2. Open a new, smaller window and display selected data in ALV

What can I do to do point 2 in easy way? Is there anything I should do after closing this smaller window (like refreshing first ALV?). As I mentioned, smaller window is list list of errors, user won't be able to do anything with it)

Regards,

Bartłomiej

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Using a  cl_gui_docking_container you could generate a new container, attach it below main grid and create the new alv for error reporting in it, you could use method set_visible to display/hide this container.

Regards,

Raymond

2 REPLIES 2

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Using a  cl_gui_docking_container you could generate a new container, attach it below main grid and create the new alv for error reporting in it, you could use method set_visible to display/hide this container.

Regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos

So far FMs:  REUSE_ALV_GRID_DISPLAY and  REUSE_ALV_POPUP_TO_SELECT work fine for me, but I won't hesitate to check your solution.