Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem printing with MICR Fonts on Secure Check Printer

former_member1012268
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello World,

we are having a problem with an MICR Font enabled check printer.

That printer is a "HP LaserJet P4015 TOY MICR Secure Ex" device.

It was configured (by me) in our ERP6.0 system, and the latest SAP drivers installed (downloaded from the HP website).

Now standard printing works on the device, but a specific font (MICR E-13B magnetic ink font) has to be utilized for printing checks with SAPscript.

I went through the entire setup procedure for that in transaction SE73, assiging the font family MICR_E to the printer device and specifying control sequences for use in SAPscript.

But try as they did, the developers claim they still can't access that font in their print forms, and I don't know enough about SAPscript to be able to distinguish a coding error from a configuration problem.

We need this printer for the go-live, so this is truly holding up the project.

Thanks for any help

Donaldo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which device type is configured in your output device Z_SEC-TROY4015? What is the result if you use standard device type TROYMICR? Try the steps in the KBA 1623930 to trouble-shoot this issue.

Regards,
Aidan

former_member1012268
Participant
0 Kudos

Thx, that seems to go in the right direction.

The HP's TROY specific "driver", which I downloaded from their website and installed in our DEV system, causes even the standard TROY test to fail.

But the generic built default device type does not.

Now whether or not the actual SAPScript prints out correctly, too, we'll have to see tomorrow, when the developers are back.

Thx a lot so far!