cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving BPM processes older than specified date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, gurus.

I have a lot of old BPM processes at my system and I have to archive any process older than specified ammount of days. For example 30.

I have read every sentence of BPM archiving manual and I still have no answer for my question.

Does anybody knows right solution for my trouble?

Best regards,

Sergey.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Does someone knows how to change the scheduled bpm_proc_write parameters? I scheduled it with incorrect parameters via the Java Scheduler > add Task.

Regards,

Marcel Knijnenburg

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could just delete that Job (task) and create another with the correct parameters.

0 Kudos

The problem I experiencing  is that the bpm_proc jobs do not appear under Java Scheduler: Tasks and incorrect bpm_proc jobs are running so regular(every minute) that there is not time to remove them all.

Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the Job Scheduler navigate to the Tasks tab. There you can find the job and remove it or put it on hold. On the Jobs tab you just see the result of the executed Job and Remove just means to remove the log/history.

0 Kudos

Hello Nicholas,

Because of your instructions I was able to solve the problem. The mistake I made was that, because we have so many GalaxyTimerJobs (due to business processes in progress) the bpm_proc_write job was not listed. After I created a Global Task Filter based the TASKID (select * from "SAPSR3DB".BC_JOB_TASKS where name = 'bpm_proc_write'), I was able to list and remove the active bpm_proc_write.

Many Thanks!

Kind Regards,

Marcel Knijnenburg

Former Member
0 Kudos

From the SAP Help Process Data Archiving - Monitoring and Managing BPM Systems, Processes, and Tasks - SAP Library

Selection Criteria

Completion Period (days): Select only the process instances that have stayed in completed or cancelled state for more than the specified number of days

DO NOT select 'Completed' as this will archive ALL completed instances regardless of date.

You can also select a from-to date range.

regards, Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply.

Excuse me, I forgot to add some details.

I am trying to schedule bpm_proc_write job which will archive bpm processes older than 30 days every day.

Unfortunatelly, using of Java Archiving Cockpit is not solution because it is manual starting job.

Do you know any other way to solve that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In NWA navigate to Operations ==> Jobs ==> Job Scheduler

Go to Tasks tab and select 'Add' then select the bpm_proc_write job and schedule it using the wizard. This will run the job per the schedule you define. In the 'Set Properties' step you have the same inputs as are available when you run the job manually.

regards, Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I said in my previous message I am already trying to configure bpm_proc_write job.

Unfortunatelly that job does not contains the same parameters as Java Archivation Cockpit.

So we have Completion_Time_Period in job properties  instead of Completion Period (days) parameter which is available in Java Archivation Cockpit.

And unfortunatelly Completion_Time_Period means "Period of time the process instances have been in completed or canceled state".

Do you know any other solution?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Java Archive Cockpit is for single execution of the bpm_proc job. The Job Scheduler is for scheduling the SAME job but for regular (daily) execution. The parameters are named differently in the UI (as you mention) but functionally they are the same since underneath it is calling the same application (tc~bpem~arch~ear). If you want to daily archive process instances which are Completed/Cancelled for 30 days or more then use the scheduler and fill the parameter Completion_Time_Period = 30.

You can set it for simulation and check the result in the Job log.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I'm sorry for a late response.

Unfortunately the statement "The parameters are named differently in the UI (as you mention) but functionally they are the same since underneath it is calling the same application (tc~bpem~arch~ear)" is wrong.

The description of Completion_Time_Period  is

"TheCompletion_Time_Periodentered as a number of days (n) implies that all the processes in a 'Completed' or 'Cancelled' state within the defined duration are processed.

This is equivalent to an input ofCompleted_From = (Current_day - n) andCompleted_To = Current_day.

For example, if theCompletion_Time_Periodis set to 4 and the current date is 8/09/2013. Then all the processes for which “Completion Time” is between 4/09/2013 and 8/09/2013 are considered for processing."

(Monitoring and Managing the Processes - Monitoring and Managing BPM Systems, Processes, and Tasks - ...)

And my goal is archiving of the processes which were completed from beginning of the time to the date = "currentTime - dateSpecified"

I tried to set parameter Completion_Time_Period  to 300, started job and found that processes which were completed today are archived.

Does anybody have another solution?

Maybe there is any way to delete old processes without archiving?

Thanks for your help.

former_member191044
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sergey,

we had the same issue... the parameter archived all processes completed back to the specified date. It was a great torture to make it clear to SAP that this can not be wanted. Finally we got a patch for that. Maybe check this note https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/sno/ui_entry/entry.htm?param=69765F6D6F6465...

Good luck and best regards,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately I'm trying to configure it on automatic way.

I mean I'm trying to use bpm_proc_write or another job to archive or just remove old process instances. But unfortunately I could not find any parameter like "Completion Period (days)". There is only one job parameter which determines time range for process archiving. It is "Completion_Time_Period" which works really strange (It archives only processes from today to the previous date which specified by Completion_Time_Period parameter). It means that processes older than Completion_Time_Period  days would not be archived.

Thank your for your help.

former_member191044
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is exactly what i was trying to tell you in my last post. This is a bug and it will be resolved with the linked note. So then all processes older then the given period in day will be archieved.

Regards Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have checked our SC versions. So they are already covered by specified patches. And it really works fine with "Completion Period (days)" parameter when we invoke bpm_proc work manually. But the "Completion_Time_Period" parameter which is available in automatic job configuration still has the meaning below:

"TheCompletion_Time_Periodentered as a number of days (n) implies that all the processes in a 'Completed' or 'Cancelled' state within the defined duration are processed.

This is equivalent to an input ofCompleted_From = (Current_day - n) andCompleted_To = Current_day.

For example, if theCompletion_Time_Periodis set to 4 and the current date is 8/09/2013. Then all the processes for which “Completion Time” is between 4/09/2013 and 8/09/2013 are considered for processing."

And I still wanna find the solution for automatic old processes archiving which were completed at range from "The_Beginning_Of_The_Time" to "Current_Time - Specified_Days_Count".

I mean that anyway we still don't have such parameters at the automatic job configuration.

It is OK to archive old processes from manual job invocation but unavailable to do such thing from automatic job.

What do you thinking about that?

Thanks for reply,

Sergey