cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

work center: multiple production orders, fixed machine time for maximum load

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to set up some work centers ("Drum A", "Drum B") which are all the same build and are used to colour different pieces of wood.

As the pieces have different shapes and sizes there are of course different amounts of each type that will fit in one drum:

Cylinder: 10.000 pcs.

or

Dice: 20.000 pcs.

or

Ball: 40.000 pcs.

There are only rough numbers as the exact amount of pieces is unknown and as you can imagine there cannot be an exact amount (or volume) as pieces fall differenty each time (not stacked nicely), so the amount differs slightly.

The work process is always taking 8 hours, no matter how many pieces are in there.

So the following production order examples would look like this:

PO: Dice     20.000 pcs.     => 8 hrs

PO: Dice     10.000 pcs.     => 8 hrs

PO: Dice     30.000 pcs.     => 16 hrs

I tried different formulars, but they all seem incorrect. (Maybe I am using them incorrectly?)

In addition, most of the time there will be different shaped pieces of wood in the drum at the same time, representing different production orders.

This means that multiple production orders are going through the same process using the same work center at the same time:

Work Center: Drum A     -     8:00 - 16:00 o'clock

PO 1: Cylinder     2.500 Pcs.    

PO 2: Dice          5.000 Pcs.    

PO 3: Ball          20.000 Pcs.    

In these cases, the amount of each pieces fitting is an even rougher guess, as you might imagine.

Can you please help me set this up? What formular should I use for the work center capacity an scheduling? Any suggestions how to handle the routings? - There are many different shapes, so I want to keep the amount of routings as low as possible.

What else do I need to keep in mind? (Base Quantity / Lot Size / "can be used by several operations" etc.)

I know that there is an industry solution called DIMP including combined production order processing. I definetly would prefer a solution without activating this business function though.

I am pretty sure the answer is a lot simpler than I think, but I just can't get my head around it.

Kindly throw some lights.

Regards,

Bastian

0 Kudos

is this problem solved and how because we have the same problem and I can't find any solution that cover such requirement using the formulas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Bastian

Generally, on the work center formulas delivered by SAP, the base quantity is used on the calculation. In this case, the results will always be proportional to the order quantity.

Below you can find the definition of the standard formula SAP002, which is used to calculate the machine time and where parameter SAP_08 represents the base quantity.:

SAP_02 * SAP_09 / SAP_08 / SAP_11

A solution for this issue could be the creation of a custom formula without the parameter SAP_08, that means, without the base quantity.

You can create or change formulas on the customizing transaction OPCY.

BR
Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Caetano,

thanks for your answer.

I know how to create formulas and tried different ones. But even leaving out the base quantity I can't find the right formula. What I would need is something like:

(operation quantity DIV maximum load) * machine time

(30.000 DIV 20.000) * 8hrs

But DIV is not allowed and where do I get the maximum load from anyway?

Regards,

Bastian