cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing emails from SAP Marketplace

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is there some kind of an issue with the emails on SAP Marketplace lately? In the past few months we did not receive an email notification when status was changed on an incident (worked fine before for the same incident) and new S-users are not getting emails with their login credentials.

I would've thought there is some issue with our Exchange server (or accidental blacklisting), but the S-users were also created for the consultants in two different consulting companies and they didn't get emails either.

Has anyone experienced the same or is it just us?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Bernhard
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jelena,

I am aware of some issues that occurred recently as a consequence of major change actions affecting the support infrastructure (related to the simplification of incidence reporting systems, the rollout preparations of the ONE Support Portal etc) - this might have been the reason for some of the "missing" mails. However in general mail notification should work, and sorry if inconveniences have been caused.

Would you mind to open an incidence for one of the specific issues where a mail should be created but apparenly is not? Do not hesitate to contact me directly in case the incidence is not handled properly or no reasonable explanation is given.

Hope that´s ok?

Regards

Bernhard

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks, Bernhard! I'll open a low priority incident. Any clues on which component to use for the incident?

Bernhard
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jelena,

it should be a XX-SER-SAPSMP subcomponen, if I remember correctly. Depending on the number of S-users affected, please evaluate if rather "Medium" should be adequate.

Regards

Bernhard

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No one reads the Medium incidents. It has to be either Low or High, as common SCN wisdom goes. Opened one, will update when I hear back. Thank you!

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Got a response (I told you Low priority works! 😞

Thank you for contacting SAP Active Global Support.

I am so sorry but when an Admin creates new users, emails are not sent

by the system.

After the users are created, it is up to the Admin to go to the Users

page and inform the new user of their S-User ID and Initial Password.

Users only get a system generated email if they go create their own user.

This process does not seem to make any sense... What difference does it make who creates S-user? You have the user emails in the profile, so just send them an email. Why does someone have to do this manually? At least send email to the Admin then.

So I'm in the US and the whole bunch of people in Europe have to wait when I wake up and remember to go to the SCN web site (among 1000 other things to do), then I have to find their emails and send them their logins.

Wow, this is some cutting edge technology running simple, just wow...

Bernhard
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jelena,

so chosing the low priority was a reliable way 🙂 ...

Well, we know now the reason behind.

I will followup with the Portal/Marketplace team.

Would you mind to share the incident number (e.g. by mail to bernhard.luecke@sap.com or Twitter DM), that might help to reach the right people faster.

Regards

Bernhard

Bernhard
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jelena,

as discussed:

• the topic has now been forwarded to the corresponding Product Management team and will be taken into consideration in the context of a planned general overhaul of the notification concept
  • Thanks for bringing it up (again)!

Regards

Bernhard

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help, Bernhard! I closed the discussion.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jelena,

We have experienced that issue, not recently to my knowledge, but yes, occasionally.

Regards,

Gretchen