SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Customer Master - Multiple Addresses

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Scenario:

I have a Retail Business Scenario where the individual customer has multiple ship-to addresses, it can be more than one ship-to location. Its stored as the same customer number with multiple addresses in the current legacy system. In SAP ECC one Ship-to address is one customer number.

If i follow the traditional SAP ECC route I have to create a lot of customers as Ship-to's.

I did find some documentation on SAP HELP about BUSINESS ADDRESS SERVICES:

Mapping of Application Addresses

Depending on the addressee of an address, an address is made up of different components. For a contact person in a company, for example, you need not only the company address, but also the name of the contact person and possibly the name of the department. This is why it makes sense to distinguish between different types of addresses.

The BAS provide three address types:

Company addresses (address type 1)
Personal addresses (address type 2)
Workplace addresses (address type 3)

Here is the SAP Help link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/12/ad79975c5811d3b4ea006094192fe3/content.htm?frame...

Question:

We know that standard functionality can take care of multiple addresses as multiple Ship-to Numbers. If we could create multiple addresses for the same customer, that way we don't have to create new ship-to for each different address for the same customer. Has anybody used SAP BUSINESS ADDRESS SERVICES ??

One more option is to use SAP Business Partners to store the multiple addresses, Could anyone let me know how i can use Business Partners with multiple addresses on a Sales Order in ECC ??

If you have any idea about this functionality, please let me know and I can provide more details.

Kindly advise ASAP.

Appreciate all your help and expertise. Please email me with your inputs.

Message was edited by: John Mattam

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suresh

Leverage Contact Details of Customer master and maintain different addresses as per your requirement and save it. The system will assign number for each contact person which can be added to Partner function in Sales Area view.

When you go to create Sales order you can see that all addresses will show up for same Sold to party or ship to party. Award points if it resolves your issue.

0 Kudos

Hello Santosh,

The problem is i dont want to have another number associated to the address. If that is the case i could just create additional Ship-to's for each address.

I want One Sold-to/Ship-to -> Address1, Address2, Address3, Address4.... without creating additional Ship-to or Contact person for each additional address.

Let me know what you think

Thanks,

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have the same problematic, I am eager to have informations.

0 Kudos

Hello Eric,

The way i solved the problem is to create a new SH partner for the different address for the same customer and have them assigned to an "OLD CUSTOMER NUMBER" and a "ADDRESS ID"

It looks like:  SOLD TO: XXXX (OLD CUSTOMER NUMBER: 8888, ADDRESS ID: 30)

SHIP TO: XXXX (OLD CUSTOMER NUMBER: 8888, ADDRESS ID: 30)

BILL TO: XXXX (OLD CUSTOMER NUMBER: 8888, ADDRESS ID: 30)

PAYER: XXXX (OLD CUSTOMER NUMBER: 8888, ADDRESS ID: 30)

SHIP TO: YYYY (OLD CUSTOMER NUMBER: 8888, ADDRESS ID: 31)

SHIP TO: ZZZZ (OLD CUSTOMER NUMBER: 8888, ADDRESS ID: 32)

You can save the OLD CUSTOMER NUMBER and ADDRESS ID on the address tab under General Data of the customer Master.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Suresh

0 Kudos

Hello Suresh,

Did you end up using BAS in relation to customer addresses? I am looking to fulfill a similar requirement, and would like to avoid if possible, the creation of additional customer's for Ship to.

Regards

Ion Barbu