cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving MobiLink from Solaris to Linux

former_member287572
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Currently the data is synchronized between Oracle 12c backend database running on Solaris 10 (M4000) and remote SQL Anywhere 16 databases (Windows laptops) using MobiLink synchronization installed on Solaris server (different physical server than Oracle backend DB).  Need to migrate the MobiLink server from the Solaris platform to a RedHat Linux platform.

Current setup -- Oracle DB Solaris --> Mobilink server Solaris --> SQL Anywhere DB Windows

Future setup -- Oracle DB Solaris --> MobiLink server Linux --> SQL Anywhere DB Windows

Are there any issues/considerations to consider syncing data between Mobilink server on Linux and Oracle database on Solaris?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188493
Contributor
0 Kudos

Are all the MobiLink scripts coded in SQL and stored on the Oracle consolidated database? ...or do you have MobiLink scripts coded in Java or .Net? (I suspect not but the question must be asked)

former_member287572
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Yes, the scripts are coded in SQL and stored in the Oracle consolidated database.

former_member188493
Contributor
0 Kudos

With the caveat that I don't have any hands-on experience running mlsrv16 on either Solaris or Linux, the fact that the "state" of synchronization is stored in the Oracle consolidated and SQL Anywhere remote databases implies switching the MobiLink server from one box to another shouldn't present any special challenges.

Are you planning to make a clean break, or run them in parallel for different subsets of remotes? The latter might tempt fate 🙂   

I assume you have a test setup whereby you can verify that mlsrv16 is set up properly in the target environment.

Then there's the question "will it actually work at all in the target environment?" which often becomes "is there an ODBC driver that actually works with Oracle?"