cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas 2.0 flavor management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a very basic question regarding flavor management. Based on my limited experience with Personas 2.0 so far, I have noticed that only if I'm the author of a particular flavor, I'm allowed to edit/make changes to the flavor.

Unless, I change the owner of a particular flavor, others cannot edit these flavors. Or they have to make a copy of my flavor.

So if I make hundreds of flavors and leave the company. Will the ownership of all the flavors need to changed individually to someone else's name or be copied by another person?

Or if 2 people are working on a flavor, will we have to keep switching the ownership every time one of the developers want to make some changes?

I'm just wondering if there is a better way to manage this, especially multiple people editing a single flavor. Can the owner of one flavor be a group of users?

Is there something better in Personas 3.0 for this?

Thanks,

Srini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

As far as I remember, the way you described is how this happens in Personas 2.0. I'm not aware of a provided way to mass change the owner of multiple flavors.

In Personas 3.0, the authorization concept is more advanced than in 2.0. Changing flavors owned by others is possible by users who possess a certain admin authorization, without having to change the ownership.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tamas!

Do you know if there is any best practice on how to manage this in 2.0?

Is it better to change the ownership or is it just better to make copies of the flavor and then edit them?

With making copies, I'm just concerned that we may have way too many flavors which could become difficult to manage.

Srini

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I don't think there is a declared "best practice" for this.

Personally, I would just change the owner of the flavor in such cases. I agree that making copies gets messy and becomes a maintenance nightmare very quickly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tamas for the quick response. Just as I thought!

I think we will just go with changing the ownership for now. At least, until we go to 3.0. Yet another reason to upgrade to 3.0!

Srini

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

manukapur
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

I faced the same issue. I developed a lot of flavours for a company and before leaving when I was doing KT, the users had this problem.

All they have to do to edit a flavour is change the ownership of the particular flavour using the admin transaction.

The other way is copying the flavour and setting it as a default. If there is a major change, I suggest, this option.

Regards,

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the helpful answer.

former_member195167
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

While editing flavors is possible only by the 'owner', changing of owners can be done by anyone with access to /PERSOS/ADMIN_UI.

My suggestion is:

1. Create a common ID that is used by multiple folks who edit flavors.

2. Use a primary ID that has access to /PERSOS/ADMIN_UI. Use this ID to change the 'owner' once flavor is finalised. This would freeze the flavor, and further changes by anyone else would not be possible. This would add security.

Regards,
Saud.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the insight. Very helpful.