cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test Case Tool - Expected Result vs Actual Result.

former_member277448
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

we have used the Test Case Tool in our BRF+ rule development.

sometimes we get a fail because the expected result does not match the actual result.

but, sometimes, it is very hard to work out why there is not a match.
they look the same ...

is there a report/tool/whatever that we can use to examine the comparison being done?

thanx in advance.

cheers.

Pas.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

carsten_ziegler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe there is an issue with decimal places that are not visible in the UI for the test case tool but it is in the ABAP variables. Do you have any chance to debug this?

The comparison can be found in class CL_FDT_TEST_CASE_HELPER method EXECUTE_TEST_CASE.

former_member277448
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Carsten for your reply.

we will try your suggestions.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Pas,

I am not quite sure if I got your question correctly: Within the test case tool the execution of the test cases reuses the same infrastructure for the execution of the test cases as the simulation does. So I would expect that when running the test case(s) that lead to the mismatched results in interpretation mode the technical trace displayed there should help you to find the sources for the mismatch.

Did you take a look at the document . There are some additional informations how to interact with the test case tool in a programmatical way that might be an option for you.

Hope that helps.

BR

Christian