Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock/Unlock details of user

pankaj_adhikari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

When checking SUIM---change for users--lock/unlock I m getting result which mentions the user was locked in Feb 15. When I see that particular user SU01 it is not currently locked. Why SUIM not showing its unlock date. Moreover the same user was locked and unlocked (I have old screenshots of SU01) one more time after Feb 15 which is not reflecting in SUIM. Why I m not getting accurate result.

Thanks

Pankaj

7 REPLIES 7

radhakrishnan_r
Participant
0 Kudos

Pankaj,

I had similar issue earlier in my project when working with internal audit team,

they give users who need to lock but they come back saying user is not locked actually its locked when you check in SU01 you can able to see that, so dont depend on SUIM reports which will not give you accurate report, i dont know why but it happens

Better try to get it from USR and USH tables.

Regards,

RK

0 Kudos

Hi Radhakrishnan

Do you have any idea which table or Tcode should I use? I just want to see how many times the user was locked & unlocked in last 6 months.

Regards

Pankaj

0 Kudos

Pankaj,

Check USH02 table for that Change history for logon data

Regards,

RK

0 Kudos

Well I checked the same couple of hours back.Unfortunately even that is showing same as SUIM.

Regards

Pankaj

pankaj_adhikari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The situation is I can see change Log (Lock/unlock) details of that user before Feb 15 but not after Feb 15.

Can any one help?

Regards

Pankaj

0 Kudos

Hello Pankaj,

most common case:

customer coding which is directly updating usr02, or direct updates of the table with db-tools.

This bypasses then the changedoc creation.

solution: in your coding, onyl use bapi_user_lock (_unlock).

Further possible scenarios:

ush02-entries have been deleted manually

ush02- entries have been archived

user-IDs have been imported/overwritten by transport/ client copy. (many admins are not aware of the fact, that wich CC-profile sap_user the user changedocs are not copied. So after user import, the history of the users is showing 'corrupt' entries, logged chagnes are not representing in the acutal user, etc.

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Thanks Bernhard for your response.

a) This situation is only for a single user. For all other users it looks fine. I can see many jobs are scheduled through user. It is showing lock/unlock details before Feb but not after it. Even I locked it yesterday but it somehow didn't updated.

b) Checked Tcode-OY18 with table USR02/USH02. It shows nothing was deleted or edited.

c) The user was never deleted in between.

d) Check SE38--RSUSR_LOAD_FROM_ARCHIVE. It shows empty result.

Any other inputs/idea.

P.S This is happening for only single users. For others its working fine.

Regards

Pankaj